Thursday, May 6, 2010

31 days- a missionary update

(jack at his favorite restaurant, before leaving)
It has been a whole month now since missionary jack left.


one down.

23 to go.



This week's email was titled-

Tender mercies do happen

"Last week I was in the grocery store after emailing home when Earth, Wind & Fire came on the radio. I was so excited. I may or may not have been forced to bust out the moon walk. haha we were the only ones in that part of the store with a couple other missionaries... that was the tender mercy."

This is so Jack.
It made me laugh.
He is good.
That means... mom is too :)

He LOVES Earth, Wind, & Fire as does the rest of the family! I can just see him dancing- he does a mean moon walk with a twist & turn just like Michael Jackson on the end.

I'm so glad I didn't have the heart to tell him his dad just bought tickets for the whole family to see E, W & Fire live at Deer Valley this summer-


He ended with

"I'm so sad a month has already gone by, I love being a missionary so much."

I love you missionary jack
When you get home- I promise to take you to see Earth, Wind & Fire when they come to town.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

YOu can take him if Earth Wind and Fire is still alive in 23 months.....LOL!!!

I am glad to see Jack still has his sense of humor!

Holly said...

What a relief to get not only an update, but reassurance he is happy doing this and finding humor in things around him. And moon walking to boot!

You've raised a great young man, MOM!! (and dad)

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, I love it that Earth, Wind & First is part of a tender mercy! Who knew? But really it makes perfect sense when I think of him across the world getting a little piece of home. This does my heart good.

She Loves To Make said...

I love that he heard Earth Wind & Fire in the store. I'm glad the people he was with got to see his moon walk with a twist. He's so good at it! I'm glad he's still our same Jack!

Karrie said...

Do I know any EW&Fire songs? I don't know, but the concert sounds great...have fun!

michelle said...

This is just so awesome! It must make you so happy to know that his sense of humor is intact and that he loves what he is doing.

I love missionary Jack as well.