Sunday, May 2, 2010

highlights from last week

Mondays & Wednesdays
I volunteer as a reading tutor at the elementary school.
I tutor the two cutest third graders.
We read books together & sometimes take comprehension tests on the computer.
It's fun.

Last Monday morning I walked to the school with my camera in hand. I was determined to take some spring photographs. Snow was on it's way... again. I am trying not to complain, but this year mother nature did not get the memo that spring is here. Winter keeps trying to come back. Rain- I love rain- it's the snow that bothers me.

Evidence that spring is here.

What a beautiful little walk.


This morning- we read this darling little book called
I Hate English by Ellen Levine.
Cute & fun to read.

I can't believe in two years I won't have an elementary student.
I've had at least one child in elementary school for 17 years straight.
wow- that's a long time.


Back home again.

Tuesday was pack meeting.
This was the best pack meeting ever!

The theme was airplanes-

An "airplane" was set up in the over flow of the chapel.

complete with tickets, check in, barf bags, seat belts, oxygen masks. They even had flight attendants, water bottles & snacks!


(world's best cub master)

and the world's best cub master's cousin a Southwest Pilot!

We "traveled" to Hawaii where volcanoes were blowing!
It was a blast
Wednesday- it snowed & I'm not going to talk about it.
Thursday- the blogger moms got together & this is my only photo. I am working on a baby quilt for my niece Aimee & her new baby Lola.

Saturday night- Brett & I had our last season tickets to the symphony. Special guest this time- The Temptations!
We have been looking forward to this for months-
It was fantastic!
I loved it
I am so glad we bought these tickets.
GReat WeeK

7 comments:

Janae said...

I LOVED seeing all your spring pictures! It is a good reminder that it really is coming...even if it's going to take awhile this year;)
The plane looked like an awesome ride! Want to see your new quilt project:)

wende said...

that pack meeting sounds fantastic - yay for people who go the extra mile to make something fun.

i love that you got those tickets - it has been such a fun date for you every time. that was great money spent for sure.

seventeen straight years with someone in elementary school? wow patsy, you deserve a prize or something, that is awesome. no wonder you are such a big advocate for children and public school. the school is going to miss you big time once you're gone.

She Loves To Make said...

I love the pictures in the beginning. Your porch is beautiful. I could sit there all day!

Kristy said...

Great pictures.....maybe spring temperatures will come one of these days.

You guys are lucky to have an awesome Cubmaster....they very hard to find.

We will be elementary kid free together but I won't beat your record for sure!

Karrie said...

Love the photos.... and the new blanket you are doing...I want to see the finished project.

Thanks for being Riley's reading tutor...she loves you and so do I

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Jill said...

Woohoo for pictures! I'm glad you documented the visions of spring in your area. You should head directly to Temple Square (do not pass Go) to soak up the glorious beauty going on there right now, it was better than the Tulip Festival!

michelle said...

You got some gorgeous Spring photos! I always feel the need to document Spring because it feels so fleeting here.

That does look like the best pack meeting ever. (And I hate pack meeting.)