Monday, May 31, 2010

memorial day

Happy Memorial Day
Thank you to all our service men & women
I feel so blessed & grateful & humbled by your service.
I didn't make these cupcakes today... but I wish I would have.
NOTE for next year:
dear me, please plan a Memorial Day BBQ with friends. If you don't you will drive around town & see other people picnicing & feel sad that you don't have any family around to be with on this holiday. When you pass a cemetary you will stop & have a long talk with Trent about the plan of salvation & why we are on this earth, but still it would be nice to do that with friends... right?

6 comments:

michelle said...

Oh, Patsy. When I saw the photo, I hoped for a second that you were feeling better if you were making cupcakes!

I know EXACTLY how you feel about Memorial Day. The problem seems to be that everyone I know here has family here, too. I always feel sad on these kinds of holidays.

Kristy said...

A BBQ is a must for next Memorial Day! We usually have a huge family one at my house on Sunday and go to all the graves and that didn't happen this year. Last night we did yard work....I would have loved to have a BBQ instead. We never do anything on Memorial Day Monday...just another day at our house.

See you in awhile!

Karrie said...

I hope you feel better soon...If it makes you feel better once all the graduation stuff is over around here I am planning on having a BBQ at our house before the end of June.

Janae said...

I am hoping you are feeling better today...Tuesday!
Those cupcakes are so darn cute. Very festive:)

Jill said...

I thought you were super sick, so how could you have planned and executed a bbq?

Marie said...

Fun cupcakes! I hope your feeling better.