Friday, May 21, 2010

what do you get when you mix cub scouts with water?

Water Fight!
The webelos are working on their Handyman pin.
So- with the help of Brian we have been learning how to take care of a car. Brian taught us how to check air pressure & change a tire, plus check oil.
Then yesterday---
We washed his car & mine.
Of course, Brian got the boys all hyped up.
Sprayed them in their faces with cold water (it was a cool day too) then jumped in his car & drove away.

The boys stuck around waiting for him to come back...

then got him good!

Of course, Brian could have wiped them out completely but didn't.
He told me later he was thinking about when he was a scout & knew they would be thrilled thinking they had got him good.
These boys were so hyped up I could hardly get them to go home.
***

Have I told you lately how much I love having Brian home?
He works- then comes home & does projects around the house.
He helps me with scouts (this isn't the first time)
He has cleaned out
the garage
his room & all of Jack's stuff
Jack left a huge mess in his rush & excitement to leave that sat there for a full month.
I just couldn't push myself to go in his room...
runs errands
answers phone calls from solicitors in Spanish so they hang up
Picks up ballet carpool now & then
Mows the lawn
weeds flower beds
and
protected me from getting soaked by 5 cub scouts
I don't want him to move back to college in the Fall!

6 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I love that picture of Brian fighting the scouts off!

michelle said...

This is just adorable. I love that he let the boys get him because he remembered what it was like to be a cub scout himself. And I love that he helps you so much! No wonder you don't want him to leave.

Jill said...

These pictures totally capture the fun of this water fight with the boys. It's so sweet of Brian to be so helpful to you and to be good to the scouts.

wende said...

if he ever gets bored with YOUR projects, there are definitely a few thousand boxes to pack at my house. :) sounds like a party, i know.

Karrie said...

Brian is a good guy...I'm glad you get him for the summer. Maybe he will decide to stay home and go to the "U" this year to get a REAL education.

Kristy said...

If Brian runs out of jobs I have a whole list of things to do at my house! Maybe my boys needs to hang out with him and learn from him!

How fun for the webelos....I am sure Brian is making scouts fun for them!