Tuesday, May 4, 2010

tuesday 2x2

1. Last night for family night- we had a lesson on following Christ.
After a story, sample situations, and discussion we wrote on foot prints -different ways we can follow Christ. All six footprints are hanging around the house.
I like it.
It's a good reminder to me of how I want to be.
this pink footprint is mine. It says on the bottom, "give hugs not zerberts." Zerberts, are when you blow on someone's cheek. On Sunday I was really, really missing Charlie. I decided to give all my kids kisses & zerberts as if they were still babies... they told me during our family night discussion that it was creepy & wrong & that they don't want me kissing them all over their faces or blowing on their cheeks again.
I guess I will have to stick to regular hugs & kisses.
jerks.
Sometimes family nights are so frustrating.
Good family nights are so rewarding.

2. Yesterday a package came in the mail to me & the Webelos.
It was all I could do not to open it!
It was from a webelo scout who moved a little more than a month ago. We have been writing to him & sending packages. He sent us these treats from a local candy store near his new town in Pennsylvania. They are the best suckers ever! We really miss him in our den & neighborhood.
3. Today was a beautiful, yet chilly 51 degree day.
Chloe - the most girly girl ever- was up in a tree in the backyard.
She is very well rounded in her interests & I love that!


4. We have had some unfortunate experience with a couple of neighbor kids helping themselves to the popsicles in the freezer that is in our garage.

Last week I opened it up to get something out & found this

"thou shalt not steal"

sign posted.

haha- Chloe took matters into her own hands.

problem solved

7 comments:

Jill said...

It's funny to think of you giving your big kids zerberts, but I can understand the inclination. It's hard to have them get so big on us.

How fun to have good mail for the Webelos!

The sign on the otter pops is funny.

jakenapril said...

awesome. i am still lol-ing (yes, i really am. well, more like chuckling, but i think i really just wanted to type lol. anyway...) about chloe's note on the popsicles. too funny.

She Loves To Make said...

haha I love Chloe's note. She's so funny!
What do you mean everyone doesn't like zerberts?! They're crazy :)

Janae said...

well, the children seem a bit naughty in not wanting zerberts! all of my children are getting big and naughty too...I guess kids like to do that?
I LOVE Chloe's note, good for her:)

chloe said...

hahaha! You've got to do what you've got to do! They can have popciles if they ask! :D

Karrie said...

I promise I will ask for be for I take anything out of the freezer in the garage. Good think Chole is taking charge!!!

michelle said...

I find it frustrating when my kids no longer want hugs and kisses and snuggles... I tell them "Moms needs kisses!"