Tuesday, May 18, 2010

seriously folks...

Today
I let trent borrow my cell phone.
He wanted to go to a friends house, not even a block away. No one answered the phone, so he was headed up to see if anyone was there.
I told him-
take my phone & call me, either way.
Call me if you are staying or call me if you are coming home so I know.
He called.
and called...
and called...
then called again.
trent- (in a whisper voice) mom... hey mom... can I get my own phone plan? Mom, I don't need a phone, just a plan. this is working good me having your phone- so can we go get a plan now? can we go get a plan? come get me, let's go get a plan, okay?
me- I am not getting you a cell phone. (repeated over & over)
for $10 a month- I'm seriously considering getting this kid a cell phone. He is wearing me down. I don't know if I can take it anymore?
YOUR OPINION??

8 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

hahahaha I don't know what my opinion on this is, but he is so funny about it!

Beth said...

I seriously love that kid!! I don't know if I have an opinion on this either, but I know we have to harness that talent he has of persistance and working you down for sure. Certainly he can make millions with that kind of talent one day?

shannon said...

Don't let him wear ya down, Patsy! I say this because I'm trying to stay strong for myself as I've got a similiar 10 year old voice begging me on a daily basis for a phone! I'm ticked off at him at the moment because I just found his Ipod in the washing machine!@#$#@@$$ I'm not up for rewarding him with another electronic device..

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shannon - they are just not able to remember everything. I would wait till he is more responsible like age 16 or so. I have a 9 yr old boy who loves all things electronic but can't find his cub scout book every Wednesday. Em

wende said...

you just have to decide what will be worse - begging you to get him a phone or him calling you every thirty seconds when you give him a phone? hmmmm....

michelle said...

Like Wende, I have to wonder how often he will call you!!

And I love that you have a "the damn cell phone issue again" label for your blog.

Karolynn said...

Congrats on your special day! You have amazing children!

Karrie said...

You need the clear play hooked up to your blogg for this label.

I love it!!!

You know if you are with T-mobile you can add Trent for only $5.00 ..just say'n