Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I can't think of a title?

Last night was Hailey's last H.S. choir concert for the year.
To do my duty- (okay, okay mostly to save myself the $5 ticket fee) I signed up to be an usher.
(hailey & friends, isn't she cute!)
I was asked to cover the west doors, then given direct, specific ,instructions NOT TO OPEN THE DOOR- except between choirs. The choir director is very intimidating (to say the least.) Helping people find their seats is a breeze- after years of having students in the music program- I know the auditorium by heart. But, as soon as the concert started & the doors shut-- things got scary.
People. wanted. in.
I had to hold the door shut & keep whispering just a minute. Finally, banging on the door ensued. I was sweating profusely & absolutely sure the choir director would stop the show to wait for me to calm down the idiots on the other side of the door.
(hailey, tiff, taylor & andrew)
I didn't really see much of the show...
I spent my time wiping my brow & fending off the parade of never ending late parents & grandparents. I wanted to say- hey, get a clue!? Were you born yesterday? You can't come late & expect to get right in you dimwits! I don't think I will be volunteering to usher again soon?!
Yesterday a very dangerous- yet exciting thing happened in our town.
A Little Caesar's Pizza place opened up!
I'm not a huge fan of their pizza, but it's hard to beat the hot-n-ready $5.00 pizza.
We have now eaten it- two nights in a row & the kids are seriously hoping I never go back to cooking dinner. Frankly, I'm thinking it's a great idea!?
You would think by trent's reaction, that a Toys R Us had moved in next door. He is very disappointed Brian didn't apply for a job there. I mean what could be better than bragging to your fourth grade buddies - that your older brother works at the new pizza place?
brian- kill joy.
After school I ran Hailey & trent into get haircuts. The stylist asked trent if he wanted his hair spiky? He said yes, then she asked me. I said, I don't care as long as you don't cut his bangs too short. (Jack once told me trent looks like Jim Carey in dumb & dumber with short bangs, & he was right- I've been careful about it ever since) She obviously didn't listen well, but his bangs do spike up now with the use of hair gel. He was so excited when he came home & is again worried that people will get him confused with Jack?
He told me just before bed, "my life is better with spiky hair."
"How so?" I replied.
"It's just different & so good now."
"What's different?"
. "I think I'm stronger?"
I have to admit- I've had a few haircuts myself that felt life changing.
what a funny guy

10 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I am laughing hysterically to Trent's comments about his new hair. So funny! It is very exciting that a little caesar's opened up! That's the perfect place for one.

wende said...

i agree - a new do is some times life changing. for real. tell him people might get him mixed up with jack because he's such a stud and has such great hair now! :)

wende said...

i also mean to say, i'm so glad i know how NEVER to sign up to be an usher! i would've kicked those people in the shins on their way in the door. hey, i know, people who come late, should automatically have to have usher duty at the next concert. or there should be SIGNS on the door so people know why you're not letting them in?

Jill said...

Your ushering job sounds very stressful!

I love Trent's new haircut and think his thoughts about it are hilarious!

Holly said...

I don't think I could handle the stress of being an usher--good for you--AND you saved $5.00. Ha!

Trent cracks me up! His spiky do suits him.

Amie said...

Your blog does my heart good. I could go on and on but it might make you afraid and you would block me.... your honesty and candidness speak to me... someday when I am sending a missionary off I want to come back and read every word you wrote about it.

PS - I vote yes on the cell phone.

Marie said...

Yum, I love the breadsticks.

Beth said...

"The Usher"... it's a dirty job, but someones gotta do it. I like Wende's suggestion that if you come late, you get to be the usher next time :) ha ha ha

We have a LC pizza here, as bad as I am at making dinner, I haven't resorted to that yet! Cross your fingers though, I probably just jinxed myself.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "new do"... it looks great and his cousin Jake can give him some tips on hair jelling... don't put it in before a sweaty basketball game (hairgel and sweat into the eyes is nearly a trip to the emergency room).

michelle said...

I am cracking up over the image of you holding the door closed at the concert! Sounds like you turned into more of a bouncer than an usher.

My kids love Little Caesars. My sister calls it slutty pizza. But I don't mind it. And you just can't beat $5! We get it fairly regularly, whenever I want to get an inexpensive treat for the kids.

I am dying over Trent's post-haircut conversation. I have definitely had that feeling myself.

Karrie said...

I love the new hair cut for Trent...he does look stronger.

Um ...I don't know what to say about the choir concert except that Ms. M needs to remove the stick up her butt!!! Does she not know people in Utah will never be on time..why make her volunteers lives miserable?