Thursday, July 31, 2008

rugby jack strikes again

Last weekend Jack played in a rugby tournament.
Didn't I mention jack was going to play in a rugby tournament?
I don't tell you guys everything, ya know.
Anyhow- he said they won third place & were getting trophies & t-shirts tonight at a little practice they were having. Imagine our surprise when he came home with this?!!
(photos courtesy of chloe)
Ya, he was pretty excited- he took it to the H.S. today to show the athletic director & see if they can put it in the trophy case.
Amazing
maybe we should've gone to one of the games?
rugby in 100+ degree weather with an eight year old hyper boy?
well- just in case you are wondering - none of the other parents showed up either
*how hot is it at your house?

7 comments:

Jill said...

That's an enormous trophy, that was the one for the whole team right?

I would not be keen on watching a rugby game in 100 degree weather either.

Whitney and I have our first soccer practice at 6:30 tonight and it feels too hot to be out there running around.

Kristy said...

Pretty impressive Jack!!!! Congrats! The HS better let them put in the trophy case....they deserve the recognition!!!

I hate sports in the heat. I feel bad for all the football kids practicing in the 100 degree heat. My boys come home soaked in sweat!

Tiffany said...

I think that trophy would look great in your living room. By the way, thank you so much for the yummy cupcakes. You sure know how to make a pregnant lady happy!

Janae said...

Huge amazing trophy! Congrats Jack!
sports in 100 degree weather sound pretty nasty to me.

Beth said...

That is awesome!
He always looks so humble!!

Love that kid, but really wish I didn't have to read about him playing rugby or riding cattle... it makes me really nervous!!

Karrie said...

Holy Crap! that's a huge trophy....not like the minature size you get from youth soccer or football! Way to Go JACK!

Stacie said...

That is a gigantic trophy! Must have been an important tournament! ;)
I am sure he thought you were there in spirit right?

I am with you though, being hot is hard! I am sitting in 104 degree temperature today! Last weekend I think it hit 109!

And taking little ones with you to TRY to watch a sports event is a chore in and of itself!