Saturday, July 26, 2008

week in review...

I have to seriously fight to get my time on the computer these days. I am not blogging much because some days the fight is just not worth it. So I am starting to be crabby -- A Lot. It's not good- I'm ready to snap at the next person who even looks twice at me on the computer... watch out- mom's in crazy mode.
This is a little bit of what happened in my life last week.
Sunday night at the movies.
MOnday I went to lunch with Karen & Linda. Then as part of my birthday present, Karen brought us an amazing dinner (it was so good) before the peanut got here.
Monday night until wed. afternoon I bbsat the peanut and my niece & other nephew.
Wed. after the peanut left (I really needed to get out of the house) I went shopping with sky & then we went to dinner with our husbands.
Somewhere in there I bought a panini maker!
We have had paninis everyday since. YUM! But even better than that- last week Kristy's husband picked me up one of these-
a blendtec blender. Oh my gosh- who knew a professional blender could be so life changing?
This is one of those blenders that can literally blend anything. It's like having jamba juice & orange julius in your kitchen. Love it.
This smoothie is frozen strawberries, strawberry yogurt, a banana & mango juice.Are you drooling? Ya it's that good. I feel like I could do an infomercial on these babies.

(before)

I cleaned out my kitchen pantry to make room for the new appliances.

(after)

I have a real thing for kitchen appliances.


I had the best day Friday. It was Karrie's birthday & we went to lunch & to
I've had Abba running through my head ever since.
We laughed like school girls the whole movie. I wasn't sure I liked it at first but ended up loving it. Now I really, really want to see the Broadway show!!
ps. Meryl Streep & the other stars- amazing. She makes 59 look so good!
Afterwards Karrie had a surprise party at her house. Well, she didn't know about it... of course. It was great fun though. Her husband made the most darling little movie of her life & her family was there. Here is a picture of us right before we left watching the movie.

Saturday- I cleaned out & vacuumed the car. and hey- look at this- I have apricots this year!
I made a batch of fruit leather out in the sun. It's so so so hot here!
I did that amongst other things & now it's another week...
does it feel like summer is flying by? It sure is for me!
*do you have a powerful blender?
*do you like kitchen appliances?

6 comments:

Kristy said...

I LOVE my blendtec but you know that!!! We will have to exchange recipes. Kelly is famous for making up his own. He usually make smoothies for my presidency meetings.....my presidency loves it!

What a fun week!

Karrie said...

Wow! I want a blentec too but need to wait until vacation time is over so I have the $$$. Loved the recap of you week and yes summer is flying by so fast!

Jill said...

I forgot about the possibility of you having to fight for computer time, but was wondering how it was possible that you missed posting on Saturday, that explains it.

How cool to watch a movie outside, we don't have that technology.

Aren't those blenders SUPER expensive?? What do you mean Kristy's husband picked one up for you?

I'm so glad you ended up loving Mamma Mia! Wasn't it fun seeing it with girlfriends? I thought it was such a great girl friend kind of show.

wende said...

that photo is davis county fair worthy (you told me chloe took it), she should submit it, it's great!

summer is killing me, i can't believe it's almost august, we're finally heading to bear lake tomorrow after promising my kids all summer long that we would go.

i bought the pannini maker too! it was so fun to break it in at your house. the blend tech is NEXT!

Janae said...

Great recap. I am seriously thinking I now need a pannini maker...I am saving up for the bend tec.

michelle said...

I. want. that. blender.