Monday, July 28, 2008

working men

Saturday night brett & I took chloe, trent, & max to his office to print out the missionaries out/inbox of emails. (brett got permission from his boss) Brian's inbox/outbox of email was getting so full he was worried he wouldn't be able to get messages. What would've taken 1/2 a day at home only took 45 minutes on a high tech office computer. Why did two (overly experienced) parents take two kids & a dog to the office on a Saturday night?Pure stupidity, I guess. Anyhow- one of brett's co workers was down the hall working on a problem- I apologized profusely about all the running & noise- she was really nice about it.
Brett was busy printing & deleting & I got out a notebook & wrote down every funny thing trent said while we were there. I was writing as fast as I could. I'm sure it's all funnier in person, but if you know trent or have read enough about him... you'll understand.
1. trent - (with phone headset on) "why don't I ever get any business calls?"
2. "can I make a few calls?"
3. "dad, I have a job here- I actually have a job here! I can come to your office on monday, tuesday, wed, thur, fri. for all month- all the months in a row." (the mental picture made me laugh)
4. pointing his finger-"dad, I have a job here & I don't want to get fired!"
5. after bringing in a can of rootbeer from the break room & setting it on the desk. Dad- no thanks trent I don't want any soda. trent-"are you crazy? do you think I can read your mind? this pop is for me!"
6. "dad, I accidentally spilled water all over the carpet- (under his breath... ) they'll never know... mom I'm I gonna get fired?"
7. "Can I call home & say hi to everyone?" dad- no one is home.
8. chloe- trent they are going to fire you & hire me because I am soaking up all the water you spilled- trent-"be quiet"
9. chloe- trent just punched me... again!
10. "dad- I need to download some stuff"
while playing hide & seek:
11. (trent is supposed to count & chloe runs to hide) trent- "great, she's gone!"
12. MOm- trent don't you know how to count to 45? trent-" mom I got drunked!" mom- you got drunked? trent- "ya 5 years ago"mom- you were only 4- trent-"I know!" mom- that's not funny.
13. while hiding under dad's desk- "she'll never find me here! hee hee hee hee hee" after she found him immediately- "I'm done now"
14. On the way home in the car. Dad- trent when we get home you have to go straight to bed it's after 10:00- trent- "can we stay up later?" dad- trent I have a meeting for church at 7:00. Trent- can I come? dad please I'll behave (the thought of trent going to ward council... hee he :)

Just had to post this beautiful picture of all the jam chloe & I made yesterday!! thanks for your help chloe.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trent just cracks me up! Yeah, the image of Trent at dad's office for months and month is a little scary. The jam looks great! Love you!--meg

She Loves To Make said...

I guess I don't have to say I'm an anonymous comment leaver now...--megan

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love homemade jam... Thanks for sharing all the Trent quotes, I love that kid.

Kristy said...

Trent is too funny!!!! He is so serious when he says that stuff....too cute!

My kids like to play at Dad's office too. Once Kyle rearranged all the inventory when he was about 2 years old. It made Kelly's partner furious!

Jill said...

I wonder what Brett's co-worker thought about all this craziness, especially the dog?!

Cecilia said...

What a funny post! I can't believe you wrote everything down....it was so worth it.
Thanks for the laugh!!!!

wende said...

i'm so glad you record some of the things that trent says, he is such a crack up! "why don't i ever get business call?..." so great! maybe he could be my receptionist? i'm sort of sick of business calls!

beautiful jam chloe!

Amie said...

I love kid quotables... how funny to have them coming in faster than you can write them.

I love the picture in the office with the headset on.

Kim Sue said...

"I have a real job here and I don't want to get fired" :) cute stuff!

Janae said...

This sounds like quite the day! That Trent is a total crack up...he could be a comedian some day? you never no! The jam looks awesome...homemade is the best:)

Karrie said...

I loved the Trent quotes...he's the best! What on earth you make homemade jam....are you Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker? It looks great!

michelle said...

That was awesome. I'm so glad you wrote all that down!