Sunday, July 6, 2008

ooohpa

Last night I went to work for the first time in a long time. Now & then I work for my neighbor a caterer, serving at weddings & golf tournaments. Last night was a blast. It was a wedding dinner for an Armenian/American wedding party. They were Greek Orthodox. Let me just say - I don't believe in reincarnation- but if I did I seriously would want to come back Greek Orthodox.
Man, those people know how to have fun.
It was a little like My Big Fat Greek Wedding- only LOUDER. The music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think. They had flown in an Armenian Elvis type guy from LA & he was cool beans as the teenagers around here might say- He had Elvis's hair & side burns (kind of) & wore huge sunglasses the whole night. I couldn't understand a word they were saying but it was fun to listen to. They danced & danced (until midnight) & ate 9 different appetizers followed by salad & dinner, then dessert & coffee & boy can they put down the drinks....
I loved watching them dance while holding the bride- her puffy dress & all- over their heads. At one point the bride & groom dance while people threw money at them- I've seen that tradition before at other weddings...why didn't we do that at Megan's wedding? I wonder if people would've been willing to throw money at the parents of the bride?
NOw there's a tradition!
*have you ever been to an awesome wedding like this one?
*I had over 60 hits yesterday & only 2 comments.... what the heck?
throw me a bone people!

7 comments:

Brent and Ashley said...

I talked to my mom the other day, boy oh boy is she glad that wedding's over! I think it really made her crazy!

PaD said...

Has your company all left? Sounds like a fun wedding. I thought Megan's was just right.

Karrie said...

Wow! sounds like a major party while working....are you sure you didn't sample anything you weren't supposed to??? JK I've been glad to see someone else is still blogging besides me. Great July 4th post. Look for my email about swimming this week

Jill said...

That wedding sounds super crazy and fun...the complete opposite of mine, ha.

Kristy said...

I went to a Greek wedding once....it was a ton of fun! Too bad we didn't drink because they had an open bar and a full on meal and lots of dancing. I am sure the wedding cost huge amounts of money!

Janae said...

You are too funny...here's a bone! 60 hits...that is a ton! I have NEVER had that many...I am really liking the wedding tradition of getting money thrown at the parents of the bride...lets start that one:)

wende said...

i've always said that mormon weddings/receptions are the most boring of any religion on earth! we're fun people? i mean we don't drink but we make up for that in silliness anyway, so we can we have a fun party like this?

i love the idea of throwing money at people, how fun! you know in utah though, people would only throw ones...