Monday, July 14, 2008

gettin' it done

Well, I finally did it-
took a break from blogging to get some work done around here!
I'm not going to mention all the things I've been doing,
but I am going to list a couple.
I made this flag in a window frame. I had an old flag & bought this window frame about a month ago hoping I could put them together. It's going to hang on my front porch. I saw exactly how to do it on Joys Of Home! I love this blog... it's fantastic. Check it out if you haven't!!
I totally cleaned the bathrooms & re caulked the downstairs bathroom sink & cabinet.
We invited company over for dinner...
(we had more than this, but I won't go into it)
Jack came back-
he went overnight to Helaman camp- an over night camp about going on a mission.
Before he left he & hailey had a melt down over who got the "new" free phone available on our cell phone plan. Jack won, being the oldest & serenaded hailey on his guitar with a new song he wrote- I get the new cell phone... hailey doesn't... to the tune of Adam sandler's Hanukkah song.
I tried to get a video but hailey was ticked & jack wouldn't have it-
I of course couldn't help but giggle- sorry hailey. Today sky & I took these four goof balls to EFY & dropped them off. Because of a mix up in room assignments it took forever- we got home 6 hours later. It was a little (a lot stressful) but it all worked out- fewww. Hailey about had a nervous breakdown.... it's all good- I hope they have fun.

I dropped off a dozen cupcakes at Karen's house & a dozen to Jill at seven peaks. Jill has never had a "good" cupcake so I am hoping she loves them. Chocolate fudge cake with chocolate mousse filling, vanilla butter cream frosting with sprinkles- Chloe kept making sure I didn't leave out an ingredient & ruin them- she was worried. I know Jill will love them no matter what- she's just that kind of gal.

So I'm home- with one less teenager in the house.

Wow- I think I'm missing her already...

*what have you been doing?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

what am i doing now? going right out to the garage where i just saw an old flag and thought, "hmmm, why do i still have this around?"

because, NOW i KNOW!!

wende said...

that picture does not do the flag justice, it turned out so beautiful. i might have to copy you, my mom would love one for her birthday coming up, i might have to head over to your house for some lessons.

i hope jill likes your cupcakes too, you make such good ones, i'm certain that she will.

Janae said...

Jill will love your cupcakes:)
The flag is very cute. What a great idea:)

Jill said...

I love the cupcakes! Thanks so much for making the detour to Seven Peaks to deliver those to me. You're so nice to even think about doing that. It was fun to see you, even though it was so quick.

Holly said...

Wow--you always inspire me by the things you get done, you little busy bee you. :)

Your flag project turned out great! I love old windows--great way to recycle too.

Can you make a detour to the TX area with some of your famous cupcakes? Hahaha! That was so nice of you to take some to Jill. Bet they were yummy.

Kristy said...

Busy day!! I hate it when you alott time to go somewhere and then it takes double or triple the time you planned!!!

Very creative with the flag....I wish I was that creative!

Kim Sue said...

Love the flag and mildly jealous of those cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best
Oh I wish you could've gotten Jack's song to Hailey on camera. I'm sure it was hilarious! The flag looks awesome. I'm sure it looks great outside! You know, I haven't had a good cupcake in a long time either...I wouldn't mind a chocolate mousse cupcake when I get back :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love that flag! I heard about your cupcakes from my mom... they sound delicious.

crystal said...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I can't believe this; I check out of life for a few months to have a baby and miss both your birthday AND Jill's birthday. Phooey.

Secondly...I don't know which yummy item I'm coveting more, the cupcakes (killer job on the aesthestically beautiful frosting) or the kabobs. I want to be your kitchen intern!

Thirdly...the Hanukkah song is CRACKIN' me up!!! Hilarious. I love teasing my kids with in-your-face ditties! Now I have an idea for a new tune! (usually I sing taunts to the tune of a primary song)

Fourthly...back to that FROSTING. HOW did you pipe that on the cupcake in a mile-high mound of beauty??? Lesson, please.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your day is delightful :)

Brit said...

Happy Birthday Patsy! I hope you have a great day! Call me sometime and we can go to lunch this week or next if you aren't to busy. Love you!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Patsy!! I hope you have a fun day full of celebration and thoughtfulness!

Stacie said...

I loved your flag project! I might have to copy it! How do you get all this stuff done AND blog about it? You inspire us all to try and do more!

I have a lot of posts to post myself--if I can get around to typing them in after 2 weeks in Utah :)

I hope you had a great birthday!!

Karrie said...

Wow you've been busy since I was at camp...glad to know the kids got the room thing figured out