Tuesday, July 8, 2008

today

I've been sending a lot of good mail this past week. Mostly birthday cards & finally a package for the missionary. Yesterday I sent a camera to one of his missionary friends in Chile. I guess a $100 camera cost more like $400 there. I hope it gets to him!! So far all of the packages I have sent have gotten to brian so hopefullY this one will too- cross your fingers.speaking of mail- have you seen these totally cool new Olympic stamps?
I love them- but I Love the Olympics!! I can't wait for them to start in August.

Today is my good friend Sky's birthday!
Lori, Sky & I went shopping early at Ikea- can you believe this...
they've never been there before!! I was so excited to go with them on their first trip to the big store!

We drove down in sky's car which is so nice it's like driving around in your living room on your leather furniture... so comfy! It's a good thing we did. We found some great deals & fun stuff for sky's new craft room. I am so jealous- I think I need a craft room, don't you?

We stopped & had lunch at the quilted bear- not that we wanted to look around there or anything.... tonight sky's husband is taking her & a bunch of friends out to dinner. I am so excited. I have really needed a day out & today is it. I came home to a sunburned trent & a messy kitchen, but it's worth it.
*do you have a craft room?
*do you just need a day away?
sky is a non blogger & non blog reader - but hey
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKY!

10 comments:

Beth said...

My FAVORITE store ever!!! I love IKEA... I should petition for one to come to Boise.

Cool Stamps! I remember how much you love the Olympics... we have been watching the pre-olympic trials... Go Dara Torres!!!

I need a girls day out soon!!!
I am melting and overwhelmed with boy germs at my house!!!!!!

Hugs~

Karrie said...

I love the stamps too...we were watching the swimming trials at our house like crazy...did you see the 41 year old mom who made the team for the 5 time in her life? Soo awesome...I want to be like that!

Sounds like a great girls day...Happy B-Day Sky.

wende said...

i LOVE the olympics, i watched the swimming trials too and we cheered like crazy when the 41 year old mom won! she is my hero! happy birthday sky!

Janae said...

Sounds like a a fun and busy day. Yeah Ikea and lunch out:) Happy b-day Sky!

Cecilia said...

I love Ikea...What a great day out with a friend!
Happy Birthday Sky!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Ikea is the best! Every time I go to the one here in Seattle I am a little weirded out by it all being on one level, I like the way it was divided in utah... I am SO excited to see you at the end of the month!

Jill said...

Your description of Sky's car is cracking me up.

I think everyone needs a craft room, even if they don't craft. My room serves many needs but could more accurately be called the blogging room these days.

My fun day out is tomorrow!

Joy said...

I need a craft room...actually I need a craft warehouse!
How fun that you got a girls day and shopped at IKEA. That's a great store. I wish it wasn't so darn far to drive to, although my wallet would be empty if it was closer.
I'm glad you had a fun, get away day.

Becky said...

Love your posts Patsy and haven't stopped by to comment in a while! The answer to both of your questions is a resounding "YES!" :)

Kristy said...

I think I need a craft room too.....well maybe that is what my whole basement is except I can't find anything! I am glad IKEA is far away....I would spend too much time and money there.