Thursday, July 3, 2008

picnic & concert in the park

Patriotic - chocolate- filled with chocolate mousse-
cupcakes!
Every year my town has a bike parade, concert in the park & fireworks on the night of July 3rd. On the 4th there's a pancake breakfast, 5K run, parade on main street, carnival in the park & quilt/art show across the street in our elementary school. It's my favorite time of year!
The concert in the park was GREAT this year. My favorite band from 2 years ago came back. They were so great singing lots of earth wind & fire, disco, some buble- we LOVEd it!
We only live 2 blocks from the action, which makes it ExTra fun not having to load up the car & search for parking.
Here's t- at the bike/children's parade... so cute. I missed seeing him in the mass of kids... I was talking to my dear friend charli who just broke her leg really bad a couple of weeks ago. Poor gal.

Jack- he acts like such a tough guy who doesn't like photos-- he's full of it.
He loves to ruin my photos with pictures like this.... teenagers- they think they're funny.

Brittany & clyde eating our traditional dinner-
fried chicken, shrimp salad & watermelon, cupcakes for dessert, of course!

My sweet nephews- in the sun.

ruthie & her daughter...

and the peanut!
Notice the smile?? My nephew taught me to tickle his feet right before the photo to get a smile.
I should have known?

Hailey & chloe
I'm telling you- I've got a cupcake thing goin' on here.
these were extra yummy.
I am naming this one:
manly marcus & cupcake

All the guys & brett doing an impression of jack.

chloe found this heart shaped BBQ potato chip- cool huh?!

We had great seats thanks to Brett staking out our place early.

As it got darker it was so nice outside. Not a mosquito in sight!

Jack- I swear I'm gonna dip his hand in warm water tonight while he's sleeping.

Even thought it's dark I love this picture taken by trent.
The crowd, the loud music- by the end of the night- that guy was completely out of it. He really had been good earlier, but it was really hard for him waiting for the fireworks.

self portrait.

It's been so fun to have my sister's & their family's here.
It makes it easier having megan, tony & brian away. I hope brian's not homesick.
Of course, in his email he let us know he has been transferred. He's only 600 miles from the bottom of South America now & it's winter there. He is in the only area that they are allowed to wear hats & he has one of those big Russian ones. He said on Monday they had 6" of snow.
So- he's not feeling the 4th of July vibe I'm sure.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 4th of July Patsy! It looks like you packed in a whole lot of festive activities today, complete with fireworks on video...nice!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Patsy, I JUST found your blog and can I say, I'm so glad I did?! I love the tone and your info. Thank you! It's been great flipping through some of your old posts.

Doodle Bugs said...

WOW! What a great way to celebrate the 4th! I wish we had more festive choices around here!

Natasha said...

You had a very festive fourth indeed. What fun memories for all!

Karrie said...

great blog Patsy...I can't believe the toliet seat thing...oh my gosh I think I would have died right there in the bathroom....I loved the cupcakes...we missed you at Kristy...it was way fun there too.

Beth said...

I was thinking of you, I know how you love Independence Day!

I didn't know you would have 2 sisters with you... how fun, what great memories. You did a good job posting about it.

Your teenage son stories are making mine look really nice... and that's not a good thing! Hang in there, he is really really lucky he has such a great mom with a good sense of humor, he would be toast at my house!!

Love ya!

Janae said...

I cannot believe your boys did that to you on the toilet seat! Maybe there is a reason I only have daughters! That would have given me some serious heart palpitations...oh my! Way great blog post. Beautiful to die for cupcakes...I want one right now. I wanted to make cupcakes and ran out of time..bummer.