Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a really "pink" day- revised edition

Well, my birthday may be over but all the warm feelings are still lingering.
I had the best day!
I went to lunch with the blogger mom's minus Karrie who is at girl's camp. I had breakfast plans that fell through. I really had no plans for the day until these smart gals put this together. I was really glad- I started out the day thinking- uh oh... my plans had fallen through & I started feeling a little bummed out. I should've known these guys wouldn't have let that happen. I have this phobia of being forgotten on my birthday. mostly because - it usually happens. I remember last year (I had just started blogging) thinking- I'm never going to have another "bad" birthday. Life is too short. Thanks to all my friends for remembering me on my birthday & making me feel - worth it.
Brett took us all to dinner - after a slew of presents were dropped off at the house by so many of my dear friends. I am so touched & amazed by all the many gifts & thoughtfulness that has come my way. Thank you, thank you for making my day!
Each of the kids chose an entre at one of our favorite restaurants ever. It was so funny because trent insisted on ordering Char Su Soup? It was really good! We all had some & he ate every bit of his. Bonus: he was so good. We honestly have avoided restaurants for a while with this little guy. Asperger kid's + restaurants= disaster most of the time. Not today- Way to go TRent!!
p.s. he wants everyone to know - he did not slurp his soup.
some days I think our hard work is paying off... then I remember- don't get cauky- it always comes back to bite me in the butt.
the food here is amazing & so well prepared.
Jack -ordered Mongolian pork with noodles
Chloe - General Saos chicken
me- beef & green beans
(the green beans are from local gardeners-mmm)

We of course had dessert & Chloe is officially a creme brulee lover- like mother like daughter!
We came home & had the best game of scrabble ever on my new scrabble travel board. I'm a real scrabble lover. Not crazy over the top scrabble lover- just a fan. Brett of course won, after whining like a baby because I was WAY ahead the whole game until he made an excellent 46 point play at the end & blew me out of the water.

men?

I also got PHOTOSHOP!! WOO HOO- thanks sweetie!
I feel like the last blogger on the planet to have this.

Now that it's mine...
I'm really nervous I won't be able to figure it out. I'm so scared of it I think I may wait until school starts to try to use it???

*do you get nervous everyone will forget your birthday?
*have you had a pink day in a while?
*do you have any photoshop hints?????

*I feel like I need to explain- I didn't mean to hurt any one's feelings saying I get nervous my birthday will be forgotten. Many years ago- soon after having Jack I had post partum issues, we had moved to the desert- not my favorite, it was a very difficult time for me... anyhow it was my birthday & no one remembered. I got no phone calls, cards or presents. I had 3 kids under 4, brett had just started a new job out of college & we had NO money. He came home & hadn't had time to do anything either. I sobbed & sobbed- it was a terrible day made worse by hormonal imbalance. Unfortunately, bad days stand out sometimes more that the good ones. It's sad- yes- that I've had loads of other birthdays but that one sticks in my memory.

Anyhow, there's the explanation.

14 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm glad you had a great day, Patsy. Hooray for you and no more forgotten birthdays.

Oh dear, now I'm the last blogger on the planet without photo shop. I obviously have no hints but will be excited to see your new masterpieces.

Anonymous said...

For the record, ladies, I did not whine the whole time! But it was true that I whooped her!!!!

I must say, she has some great friends - you were so great to her on her birthday! Thanks from me, too. When Mom's happy, everyone's happy!
Brett

Beth said...

I don't have photoshop either... but now I am extremely jealous. Go dive in and learn all kinds of good stuff you can teach me when I get it, K?

Don't feel bad Brett, "It takes a village" to raise a mom at my house too! It's great she has such wonderful friends close to her. Thanks for taking such good care of her, we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great birthday! And photoshop?! You're going to be able to do some pretty cool things with that! I'm excited to see what you create! I love you and I'm glad you had a good day. You deserve it--Megan

Jill said...

I'm so glad you had a great day and that your friends took you out for lunch! Hooray for a pink day!

I'm totally neurotic about my birthday and always take the good and bad of it personally. I need specialized therapy just to deal with my birthday.

I don't know much about photoshop, I'm just babystepping with it thanks to Marc's photo grid tutorial. Enjoy!

Jill said...

P.S. Was Jack's cooperation for the dinner photo a gift for your birthday?

Kristy said...

Photoshop has me confused maybe we will have to have Wende give us a crash course. I still need to the book she told me to buy as well!

I am glad that you had a nice b-day even though you were forgotten by some.

Enjoy your blender I will be anxious to hear what you have made when I get back from camping. Happy blending!

wende said...

i saw brett at costco buying photoshop and i was so excited! there is a fantastic book that goes with photoshop that i told brett to buy, probably from amazon would be best.

scott kelby is the KING of photoshop books, there is a book out that matches your exact version of photoshop and i tell everyone it's almost not buying the program w/o the book to go with it. it's so well-written that you can baby step through every thing you want to know and be a pro by the end!

you will LOVE it once you get the hang of it. sounds like kristy needs crash course and i would love to oblige! i'm no expert but i do know my way around it pretty well. i would love to have a blogger mom day learning photoshop!

i'm glad you had a nice birthday! hopefully you can add my name to that list of nice friends who got you a gift when yours finally arrives in the mail! i'm so anxious about the whole thing - and sorry it's late. i swear i ordered it in time!

love you patsy!

Janae said...

What a great b-day dinner...I love dinner and dessert at that restaurant. They have the best dessert there...love it! I am glad Trent was on good behavior, way to go Trent:)
I have Photoshop also, I am with Kristy, very confused?!@#@!@*&! I am up for a Wende tutorial:)
Birthdays are just hard for some reason. I think I remember mine from when I was little and they all seemed to great...now, it's just not the same. I am glad this one was way better than when you moved to the desert!

4 flood gates said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! We were traveling, but I thought of you since I'd heard it was your birthday from your ward's newsletter. When the festivities die down, I'd love to know your online cupcake supply source, if you share that info. BTW, total gas cost Seattle-SLC-Seattle = $350, at least, just for getting to & from. Love the cute green glass pitcher!!!
Sherri

Amie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am so happy it was a good day for you.

I don't have Photoshop either so you are still ahead of a few of us!

Jill has been telling me forever that I would love your blog.... I meant to stop by on Monday to thank you for giving Jill delicious cupcakes that she could share with me. They were great!... and then I meant to come and tell you happy birthday when I saw it on her blog.... so it has taken awhile but I'm glad I finally made it over.

I hope the rest of your birthday week is fabulous!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That food looks delicious... I am glad you had a great b-day! Have fun with photoshop... I am always amazed with what people can do with that program~

Brit said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday! You deserve it!!!

Kim Sue said...

Yeah for Happy Birthdays full of friends and family (and good food and presents too!)