Friday, July 25, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARRIE!

WHY I am so glad today is karrie's birthday.....
1. NOw I'm not the only blogger mom in her- eek- 40's.
2. we are taking her out for the day & I can't wait- only 2 1/2 hours until we pick her up!
WhAt makes Karrie so great.... Everything- duh-but especially-
1. her adventurous spirit
2. she water skiis like a pro, plays tennis, travels, loves to go boating etc.
3. she owns several swimsuits. We were shopping once & saw some on sale, she stopped and said- "no I can't buy another swimsuit, I have way too many"- what the hell? I can not relate to that at all. I love that about her.
4. she's a very good/involved mom.
5. her kids have that same adventurous spirit- & so far it hasn't gotten them in too much trouble- hee hee.
6. she is very thoughtful and has dropped off loads of good mail at my house- thanks :)
7. she saved my butt during community council this year & took over the concert when I had a wedding & too much other stress on my plate- that was the best/kindest gift you could have given me this year- thank you.
8. she's a very good daughter. I sat behind her at chili's one day when she & troy were out to lunch with her dad. She is so good with him. She is constantly taking one of her parents to the doctor or shopping. It's truly amazing & so charitable- such an example to her kids & the rest of us!
9. she is very dependable! someone you know you can count on 100%. don't you just love those kind of people!?
10. she's real & is a great friend & fellow blogger!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

30 minutes until our Girls' Day out!!!! I am so excited. Great post about Karrie....Happy Birthday!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Karrie!! This is great list Patsy. I can't imagine having a lot of bathing suits either, but maybe if I were cute like Karrie I would.

Karrie said...

I'm am crying like a 40 year old baby right now...thank you so much for the great list and especially the great day/night....I totally loved my B-day! in Wende's words the Blogger Mom's totally ROCK! You're the BEST!

Janae said...

What a perfect list for Karrie~ all so true:) happy b-day Karrie! Thanks for spending your day with us:)

wende said...

great list patsy, ok, i'm wondering now why i didn't do one of these myself for you and karrie - i might have to, they're so great.
happy birthday karrie - this list is all true! you're wonderful!

Joy said...

Patsy,
Thank you for your sweet comments! I'm so happy to know that you enjoy my blog.
Your blog is a great journal of your family events! Does your family tease you about blogging the way my family teases me?
Have a great weekend!