Thursday, July 10, 2008

blogger mom's swim

Today Karrie invited all us blogger mom's
up to her in law's pool again!
This place is heavenly
(impressive description, coming from a non-swimmer.)
I learned a few things, going to the pool with friends today-
it's been a while, ya know.
Such as-
It's much easier for someone besides
mom to put sunscreen on trent.
(no fighting, screaming, & I didn't have to sit on him)
Trent pretty much stuck to the corner by the stairs the whole time except when karrie & kristy played with him. For some reason in the past year he has gotten afraid of water. He used to have NO fear of it and it was very dangerous, now he has gone a little the other way. that is why he is in multiple sessions of swim lessons this summer.Can you believe how great these guys are
to play with him in the water?!
thanks guys- I'm saying it again- I have such great friends!
The Carlsons had a little race. Everyone got out of the way to see who was the fastest...
Mariah won by a landslide. I was so impressed with karries talent & micah's cheating skills! Jumping out of the pool, running & jumping back in so they thought he had won- very clever. Chloe had a great time!

So did Hailey & I- but I have no pictures?
We all brought treats & kristy made this yummy dip. She brought dip last time too. She's got a great dip thing goin' on- I'm tellin' ya. It was so good.

I love this picture of Ethan from behind. He is so stinkin cute.
we decided he looks like Mr. incredible in this swim suit.
I love the bucket hat.

Vivi & Ava were diving maniacs!! They were so good at it-

Allie was helping them with their technique.
these kids are just so darling & nice to each other- how great is that?

The big boys were splashing us, which honestly felt great to me.
Maybe I should change my views on not going to the pool this summer?


ha ha ha ha ha- for a second there I had ya, huh?
Actually I am thinking- I really need to learn to swim...
My fear of water is ridiculous- I'm pitiful- oh boy...................
don't tell my husband or he may hold me to it!
It was a busy, great, summer day!
*Am I the only person who hasn't gone swimming this summer?

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I am not a huge water fan but the water felt so nice today! You should wear you suit next time and just do what I did .......as you probably noticed I did not go under the water.

Trent was way cute today....he makes me laugh! I was so proud of him for leaving the stairs all by himself!

wende said...

it was such a fun day, it went by so fast! it is such a wonderful place, maybe some day i'll have a cool backyard like that - yea, right!

thanks for taking such great photos, i will be lifting a few of them for sure since i didn't even pull out my camera!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I haven't been swimming yet this summer... I still haven't even figured out where a pool is that I could take Cole to... I think there is a definite shortage of outdoor pools here, and I really just don't see the point of swimming inside in the summer~

Jill said...

I really wish I had access to a nice, private pool like that. I don't love Seven Peaks, but I do like to swim in the summer. We have a decent community pool, but it's oh so community so we don't go much and haven't yet this year.

I think you should learn how to swim because it's really not that hard and you'll probably love it.

Karrie said...

I loved the pool today too...sorry I had to leave early...next time we can stay longer. you totally need to learn to swim Patsy...you would love it. I have a friend who is older than me and she learned to swim in her late 40's and is now an avid scuba diver. That could be you

Janae said...

A really fun day:) I too love this back yard and wish it was mine...
I don't love to swim either but, I did as a kid. What happened there? I don't know. We lived in the pool all year around it seemed in Vegas. Maybe I'm burnt out?
I think you should learn to swim. Think of what an accomplishment that would be! Us blogger moms will all teach you;)

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! What a fun day!--Megan