Wednesday, July 9, 2008

there's a monkey on my back

I told myself I wasn't going to get on the computer today.
I'm not getting anything done this summer- all of my projects remain undone or still in my head. My biggest obstacle... all spare time is spent blogging, reading blogs- it's outta control.
well, here I am blogging anyway- I'm addicted.
After a FANTastic Birthday dinner with sky & friends last night- I got up this morning, puttered around, then Wende dropped off her & Lauri's kids at my house to play while we went downtown to lunch with our friend & fellow blogger
Stacie who is in town this week.
We went to the Happy Sumo at the gateway & had the BEST time.
It was great to catch up with Stacie-
she has the most adorable girls.
I came home & the kids had, had a complete blast playing. They even gave max a bath in the back yard with the hose in a bucket.

This afternoon when I succumbed to reading blogs, trent looked through mine & was very upset. "where's the picture of my sunburn?!" I had taken a picture & he thought for sure I would have put in on the blog!!!- it's really his first sunburn. He's sunburned his face & ears a little before, but nothing like this. It doesn't seem to bother him too badly- he just wants everyone to know- he has a sunburn. I apologize for not letting the world know earlier.??
He was so funny tonight. We went to WEnde's to pick up chloe & he went in the backyard with Ethan. They have a play house & he asked Ethan if he had built it himself. Ethan being two said - ya. Well if ethan can do it- so can he, right? I tried to explain he just says ya to everything because he's little. Trent swears he says no sometimes & he didn't when he asked him so he must have really done it himself. Kids- sheesh- you can't win.
I'm sending loads of good mail- loads of birthdays & thank yous.
So I guess I'm getting something done- that plus dishes & laundry- but I'm telling you that's about it!?
*are you getting anything done this summer?
*are you addicted to blogging?

10 comments:

Becky said...

I don't feel like I'm getting much done (other than dealing with crises and girls' camp stuff!)

I am addicted to blogging and use it as my excuse all the time :)

Karrie said...

I feel to tired to do anything...I'm only blogging half of what's going on...I don't feel organized...very frustrating

wende said...

i am getting nothing done this summer, all the big projects i had planned have only gotten half done, if that!

ok, so that's a nice photo of my food and my big boob! :) it was so fun to go to lunch today with everyone, happy sumo is the best!

i also loved just hanging out at your house after, sorry we invaded. thanks for the daisies, they made my day! :)

ps, ethan is a pretty smart kid, he didn't build that particular play house, but i bet he could if he tried, maybe that's what trent is trying to say!

Kristy said...

Fun lunch! Break your computer and you may get something done but it really did not help me. I got a few things done but I think it is just too darn hot to do anything!!!! My desk is a mess right now and piled with work but instead I am reading blogs and signing up for Pink Christmas......I am just wasting time!

See you tomorrow...oh it is tomorrow already well see you in about 11 and half hours! OK I really need to go to bed!

Janae said...

I can't get one thing done...I think we have "plans" in our head of things we can do since we are not doing the school routine. I know this summer routine has beyond thrown a loop at me! My whole time is spent putting out little "fires" that are constantly developing. Your doing, laundry, dishes, thank yous, etc. good progress:)

Jill said...

I'm not getting anything substantial done this summer. I made progress cleaning the garage last week, but that's about it for the whole summer!

You know I'm addicted to blogging, and I'm glad you are too!

I can't tell you how much I love seeing all your good mail labels on your cards, that's seriously happy!

Anonymous said...

I guess I could say I'm addicted to blogging since I'm addicted to looking at people's blogs. I've always wanted to eat at Happy Sumo's. You'll have to let me know how it was! Love you!--Megan

PaD said...

It's too hot to push doing much of anything is my thought. I just get the basics done and I'm happy about that. I like just feeling at peace and being peaceful. If I stress out about it then I don't feel the peace I crave so much. You're doing great. Peace.

Beth said...

I think part of not getting the projects done is enjoying the journey you are on... not worrying about the lists!

Yep, Peace be the journey!

Too hot to be stressed, which is where I've been. I am going to try harder to enjoy the journey and make it a peaceful one!

I think your getting more done than you realize... the basics is good! I have to step back some days and think if I fed my family... it's pretty sad.

I also have to be careful about blog addiction... I post, check out only my favs, and tell myself "just walk away". Some days are harder than others. I love blogging.

Sometimes when I have too much on my plate, blogging falls off and I have noticed that makes me more stressed than if I don't get dinner made or laundry done... so priorities huh?

Love you Sis, thanks for keeping up your blog!

I hate sunburns, Trent is a trooper to be proud of his... too funny!

Stacie said...

Thanks Patsy for the fun lunch!! It is always fun to hang out with good friends!

I am feeling so totally out of it being in Utah still! I feel out of the loop and anxious to take all my pictures and mini-movies and add them to my blog! It will be one big long post I think! My sister hasn't gotten into the blogging community yet (although I did set up a page for her but she hasn't added anything to it!) and she laughs at every picture I take saying, "are you going to put that on your blog?" YES, I am going to put it on my blog and love doing it!! It's funny because she says her daughter looks at my blog faithfully every day to what her cousins are up to!! :)