Thursday, July 24, 2008

the peanut left


The peanut left yesterday afternoon. He was really good- better than I anticipated. He took 2 long naps a day... slept all night. We carried him around mostly, but here's the evidence he played & was happy, sort of... he's such a serious baby.


For some reason, whenever Jack was around he just couldn't stop staring at him. It was really funny to watch him- watch jack. He nearly twisted his head around several times to keep his eye on him. I think Jack liked it.


Cory the missionary-
stopped by Tuesday night before he went into the Missionary Training Center Wednesday morning. He told us the mission he is going to is known for being in the jungle. Lots of humidity, shacks, monkeys... wow.
So we're back to the old regular life- without a baby & two extra kids around.
Life seems so much more simpler now.

9 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad your stint with the peanut went better than you expected. Tending babies is hard.

Anonymous said...

Watching babies can be SO hard, even for someone who still has one in the baby stage and knows what they are in for! Glad you survived it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that picture of Jack and Riley? haha that is so funny he was enthralled with Jack. How sweet of Cory to stop by before he left. What a great kid and friend to Brian. Love you-megan

Kristy said...

Cute pictures! I bet the peanut liked Jack's red hair and how big he is. Too cute!

I am soooo excited for tomorrow...I can't wait!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

The peanut is SO adorable... I love his cheeks~

wende said...

you got some cute photos, i'm glad you're back to simple life - babies are so much work. you're such a cute aunt and he will love you the most in no time for giving him so much.

Karrie said...

I'm glad you have a chance to relax now and recover from the babysitting stint

Hailey said...

pictures like these remind me of how short i really am. . . thanks mom. . . :D

hailey

Janae said...

What a cutie that peanut is :) I love those cheeks on him!
Hailey~ I think you look very cute in that picture:)