Saturday, July 19, 2008

really long day... apartment update!

Yesterday sky & I went to Provo/Orem & drudged through some REAL crappy places until we found an apartment for the newlyweds!! WOO HOO- I knew we could do it!! Ya I was a little nervous at first... I didn't take one picture- I was a lot nervous actually, after our first stop. A TOtal dive that my daughter- married or not- was not living in. we didn't even go in- one look & walking to the front steps was scary enough. What is the deal with college housing.... I guess the kids trash the places or the landlords want single kids. They can pack in the single kids & get more money I guess. Well, sky is a great friend to go with me- it was so much more fun having her there!

We did go to lunch midway between dives & then on the way home stopped at archivers, nordstrom, & cold stone!! Cold Stone has a new blueberry muffin mix ice cream- oh boy- you know how I love blueberry!

thanks sky for going with me & ya... megan & tony are coming home in less than a month--

I can't wait

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you ask haley to add me to her blog list? nindseyleumeyer@hotmail.com--thanks! ps. I can't believe they are coming home so soon! Have you told her to start a blog yet???

Anonymous said...

We can't wait either! THANK YOU so much for spending the day in Provo for us. We wouldn't have been able to do it without you! We love you!--Megan

Brent and Ashley said...

Oh the memories! Brent and I lived in Orem the first year of our marriage in a little basement apartment. It was old and quirky, but clean- and we loved it! When we were apartment hunting, I left the hunting to him. Looking back, I can't believe I gave him that much power! lol. But he did good and we were happy! Good luck to the newlyweds!

Jill said...

You are the nicest mom! I really don't think my mom would have ever looked for a place for me to live. Wow.

I'm glad you and Sky were able to make a fun day out of it. Has she decided to read your blog yet?

crystal said...

I love blueberry, too! Yummmmm.

What an amazing mom (and mom-in-law) you are, to hunt down housing.

Can I book some cupcake lessons with you? I keep staring in awe at your 4th of July cupcakes on your sidebar.

Kristy said...

I am so glad you found a place for Megan and Tony! What a relief!

Janae said...

So glad you have a place found:) hooray! it sounds like a fun day with the ice cream and all.