Tuesday, July 15, 2008

41

Today is my birthday.
I don't know who did- this but some very thoughtful person put this balloon on my mailbox.
I am so touched- thank you whoever you are.
Already I have gotten a birthday phone call from megan,
a package in the mail from Jill- she's amazing,
two birthday cards in the mail from mine & brett's parents,
and last night I got this little message from the missionary.

"happy birthday mom! I love you. I wish I could be there for your birthday but I know that we both know that this is super important. When I finally get my debit card I am going to send you something super awesome. (brian's wallet was stolen 3 weeks after he got to chile) But most of all, happy birthday. just think how the lives of our family would be if this day hadn´t been your day about 23 years ago (:I love you mama and papa!!!"
He sure knows how to schmooze his mom-
(23 years ago.... ha ha ha.)
41?
how can this be possible???
I hope I live another great 41 years at least- It's a wonderful life.
more birthday thoughts to come...

18 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Patsy!!! I'm so delighted that someone put that balloon on your mailbox, that's so nice! I hope you get more drop offs and phone calls today. You totally deserve to be celebrated!

Jill said...

P.S. That's so sweet that Brian was able to leave you that message. He's got your excellent sense of humor for sure!

Unknown said...

happy birthday!! if i lived closer, i would love to put a balloon on your mailbox :)

that missionary - what a sweetheart :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

WHAT? We're twins, Patsy, only there was a five year delay between our births. I turn 46 today and I'll get our missionary's letter this evening. Can't wait. Happy, happy, happy birthday to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! The balloon is such a sweet gesture, I love that you don't now who it is from!

Hope your day is great!

PaD said...

Hppy birthday Patsy. Love you. Mom

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

wende said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday cutie pa-tsy, happy birthday to you!

our pizza date today was so fun, i'm so glad you drank a diet coke! i will get some ambien over to your house soon!

thanks for being one of the best friends a girl could ask for - you rock sister!

everything pink! said...

birthday

everything pink! said...

to

everything pink! said...

YOU!!!

I hope you have a great day and I can't wait for you cooking moms to come to D.C. for a trip - hint hint

Unknown said...

Patsy- Happy Birthday! You share the same birthday as my little brother. I miss you and I haven't been very good at keeping in touch. I want to do better so I started a blog of my own hoping I will keep in touch better. I hope you had a fabulous day and remember that you are still REALLY young!! Isn't 50 the new 30? That would make you in your 20's! Thanks for getting me interested in blogging. Love you!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Patsy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm so sorry that I have slacked on commenting!!
I hope you have a great, great, great day- you deserve it.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Patsy!! Here's to a fantastic 41st year!

Janae said...

Happy, Happy , b-day Patsy:)
Thanks for sharing some of your birthday with us...it was so great! Hope you had a great rest of the day.
Your the best:)

Beth said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you! Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday... no excuses, but I was in a pre girls camp blur!

We love you and hope your birthday was as fabulous as you are!!

Birthday Hugs!!!

andrea said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was fabulous. I'm a july birthday too.

Karrie said...

I'm sorry I was gone for the BIG day...great missionary letter...I love the balloon on the mailbox.