Sunday, March 8, 2009

rugby jack strikes again

Jack went to a rugby tournament this weekend.
It was in the same town as my parents & sister.
My sister said he only played for a few minutes...
{injured jack asleep- photo by Trent}
but came home with a swollen right side of the chin
and sore collar bone?
You can't tell from the photo, but seriously the right side of his chin & neck are all swollen. He says he got kicked in the face. He did get up & go to church today. We haven't taken him to the doctor. I thought I'd wait since I am thinking about kicking him in the other side of his face.
-let me just say-
I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF RUGBY.
remember this incident last spring?
Jack- you just got into BYU-
-your dad spent 3 hours online yesterday applying for oncampus housing, while you were off getting slammed around?!
-a mind, body, & your parents co-pays
are a terrible thing to waist!
I am starting a poll on whether or not jack should quit rugby.
It's in the top right corner-
Do you think I am over reacting?
VOTE TODAY

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Poor Jack.....the only bad thing is he won't quit because you want him to. He is a boy and that is what boys do. For some reason they think it is full to hit, kick, tackle and basically beat up and call it fun....go figure??? I think they are missing brain cells!!!

Good luck with this one!

Kim Sue said...

oh, kids and sports, it always makes me nervous.

shannon said...

Oh no! I'm seeing a vision of things to come in a few years with my guy! ugh!

I vote "yes" to quit!

Jill said...

My sister's husband is all about rugby, so from what I know of him, it's not something you can just quit. If it's in you, it's in you!

I loved this line, "We haven't taken him to the doctor. I thought I'd wait since I am thinking about kicking him in the other side of his face." Classic Patsy!

She Loves To Make said...

Poor Jack! And he keeps playing...he must really like it! I would get hit once and walk right off the field!

Karolynn said...

The poor kid! I clicked over to last years incident and was frightened. That is some frightening stuff for a Mother. I hope he gets feeling back to normal soon!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Poor Jack... He is so tough, I would have quit a long time ago.

John and Misty said...

Holy Cow, Patsy, you are one great writer! Loved reading about last years incident (AFTER I found out Jack was okay, of course). Are you sure he hasn't had an previous brain injuries?
Misty

Janae said...

oh my...this is one very accident prone sport...I am going to have to go and place my vote. Sorry Jack!

michelle said...

Kicked in the face?! I'll be sure to steer my kids away from rugby -- if they ever decide to be athletic, that is!