Tuesday, March 24, 2009

off to work

So yesterday there was No School due to the end of term last Friday. I'm all good with that- except for the weather was rough- snow/rain mix all day. Trent didn't care- he was over the top thrilled - because dad had invited him to lunch at his office. This is a rare occurrence & therefore VEry exciting for the big/little guy. He got up & got dressed- I reminded him he needed to look nice at dad's office.
He replied that sometimes he doesn't "do his hair very good"
so we decided he should wear a hat.He took along his NIntendo DS - just in case he got bored.Dad decided it would be a good thing to let Trent come up to his office on his own...? I'm a little over protective- but agreed & dropped him off, watched him walk in, then waited for brett to confirm he made it off the elevator- feewww. I guess I should lighten up?
Trent had so much fun & was so good, he ended up spending the whole afternoon. this was so helpful for me - I finished my quilt & dropped it off at the quilters. (This is thrilling- making a quilt was one of my year goals & here it is only March!!) We used the same system picking him up- He looks so big.



(I don't know why this is sideways? I didn't take it sideways like I usually do-)

My house is TRashED & I am feeling really low.
I am plagued with negative thoughts & overwhelmed with the mess I have created.
Maybe it's the lazy eye taking over--
or the severe wrinkles on my forehead?
Somehow- making a quilt- threw me off my groove.
Oh the price of getting something done.....

6 comments:

shannon said...

Patsy!--it's so funny that you're mentioning the overwhelmed feeling of your house being trashed...
That's the one aspect of being involved in a project that I hate --(the clean up)--It's as if everyone in the house takes advantage of this little change in the normal routine and they overwhelm me to no end with the messes that they create...

I don't want to be the kind of mom that is so overly clean freakish, but I'm in a much better place emotionally when my house is in order--I swear that's why I force myself to stay up way past when I should be going to bed just so I can live without kids for a little while and see what it feels like to put something away and have it actually STAY there!--My husband sooooo doesn't get my reasoning!

MEN!!

Jill said...

What a fun day for Trent, and such a nice break for you. It's so great that you finished you quilt, I'm surprised you're feeling low now. But, one never knows what will trigger such feelings, I get them randomly and can't always pinpoint the reason. I chalk it up to hormones $#@!. I hope you feel better once you get the mess cleaned up.

Kristy said...

Your quilt is a good thing not a bad! I can't wait to see it. Maybe you can help me get one going!

I love Trent videos, he is too funny!

Karolynn said...

I love the video! It must feel great to have the quilt done.

Holly said...

What a grown up! Glad to hear he enjoyed himself and did well at the office. I bet he LOVED it!

Sorry for your exhaustion and temporary lazy eye (not really noticeable)--but HELLO--you made a quilt in a few days!!! That rocks hard!

My one attempt from 7 years ago sits upstairs never finished. I have quilt guilt.

John and Misty said...

Cute video of Trent. You are AMAZING with all the things you get done and with the full house you manage. Maybe you could wrap up in your new quilt and relish it somewhere away from home...