Tuesday, March 3, 2009

home. sick.


-i have been home with trent now for two days. he is sick with a cough & fever 103.2 at 11:30.
-i have the cough now too.
-probably because I've ended up sleeping with him in his bed the last two nights.
-good thing it's a double bed with a new mattress & seriously more comfortable than my own bed. it's not right that a kid's bed is more comfortable than his parents.
-in between motrin doses he has been doing his homework packet.
-he hollers out what's 54 divided by 9? followed by more division questions... I have to get the calculator.
-i have been reading blogs between doing one load of laundry & the lunch crowd (jack's friends & pizza) all day.
-i have to get something done today!
-my community council meeting is canceled. thank goodness.
-brett brought trent home a happy meal for lunch :)
-it's a beautiful warm day & the windows are open.
-i hope it's not influenza?!

Is anyone sick at your house?
I hear this is going around.
How long did it last???
I'm tired thinking about it.

11 comments:

shannon said...

This has been "one of those days" for me as well...Everything that I had planned was changed as of 3am last night due to Jake throwing up...again! I had big plans for today! And now all I've ended up doing pretty much is wasting on computer stuff--blogs included!

Jake came home from school early on Friday...They're calling it the Nova or Nora Virus--
Just when you think you've got it beat, it rares it's ugly head again! grrrrrrr (This doesn't involve a fever, though)

Sorry to hear that your SuperMan is sick...that stinks--especially since you're now coming down with something...(I'm in the middle of a rotton head cold) yuk! But the show must go on, right?!

Jake's bed is so much more comfortable than mine, too! What the?! Who's the boss around here?!
:)

shannon said...

P.S.--unlike your balmy springlike weather, ours is crazy cold! The bad thing about that is that it makes me want to eat! I can handle snow when it's winter...but gese louise--it's early spring! This makes me punchy!

Kim Sue said...

be.better.soon.

Kristy said...

I am sorry Trent is sick. Emily is still has a cough sad to say and I think it will last forever the way it is going! She says she has abs of steel from coughing so hard all the time.

So far 5 out 6 of us have had it maybe your family will have better odds than mine....I am odd man out so far. But moms can't get sick can they????

Janae said...

Patsy~ you guys get better...i am thinking a dinner is in order?

Jill said...

The fevers my kids had a couple weeks ago lasted about 2.5 days, so hopefully Trent will be back to normal tomorrow.

Beth said...

We had that ugly stuff here too... after 5 days I took the teenager to the Dr. and they wouldn't give him any meds until 7 days, by 7 he was on the mends... for me it was about 6 days, but I am still having a hard time breathing. It's so ugly!

Trents bed is way comfy, he let us stay there a couple of times and it was the best nights sleep we had in a long time!

Get better soon!

Karolynn said...

That just sucks! I hope he gets well soon and that you don't get it at all or if you do a very mild version. Moms don't have time to be sick. ((HUGS))

Kari Sweeten said...

We have been so sick at our house with strep! It's absolutely miserable and I want the sickness to go away! I hope Trent feels better soon. That is not fun!

wende said...

oh man, i'm afraid to tell you, ethan's 104 fever lasted for 12 days. i'm not kidding! it was horrible. i'm praying trent is better by tomorrow! sending healthy thoughts your way.....

sorry you have such a nasty cold!

michelle said...

Amazingly, the only sickness we have right now is Eva's croupy cough, and that's only at night.

Hope you both are feeling better soon!