Monday, March 16, 2009

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY JACK

i seriously cannot believe my baby boy is...
18
?????
How is this possible?
I guess what they say is true
kids they grow up so fast!
-hERE arE-
18 things jack has said/or has been said about him- in the past two days

wisdom that will surely last through the ages.......
1. "why do I have to get senior pictures taken?"
2. Holding his dad's survival knife- "if I was an intruder & saw someone holding this I would just walk away"
3. "senior pictures are- kids outside- leaning against a tree?"
4. "when was the last time you went outside & leaned against a tree?"

5. "why can't you just take a picture of me sitting on the couch watching tv?"
6. "if a girl comes to the house & wants to put something in my room- don't let her."
7. "the girls have been saying they are going to put alarm clocks in our rooms set to go off at different times in the middle of the night."
8. "they think that will get me?"
9. "I'll just go up & sleep on the couch"
10. "I don't eat anything with the words 'lite' or 'fat free' on it."
11. said to Hailey at H.S. class schedule sign ups-
guidance counselor: do you have any siblings that go to this school?
Hailey: yes, my brother Jack.
guidance counselor: Jack? tall kid, red hair, always wears a BYU t-shirt? He's a really good kid.
2. "trent, what movie do you want to watch with me after church- Star Wars I, II, or III?"
13. "how about we light a fire in a pail, in the church parking lot, & throw this old pile of fireworks in it?"
14. "it's not a felony today- but it will be tomorrow"
15. What's something you like about jack:
Trent- he lets me shoot bbguns with him in the summer.
16. Hailey: His music.
17. Chloe: His Hair! He shares his Jones soda & Chinese food & he has good stories.
18. MOm: He is so respectful & kind to his mother... I love you jack

Little story:

When I was in labor with Jack, it was getting late. I commented to the doctor that I was disappointed that he would be born on St. Patrick's day. Just because... I don't know it always seems like a green beer drinking holiday to me. Anyway, the doctor said- let's get this baby born then! It was 11:30 PM

He was born on March 16th at 11:58

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK
** more recent picture to be added soon**

(if I can get one)

15 comments:

Kari Sweeten said...

No way! I can't believe Jack is 18! Happy Birthday Jack!

jakenapril said...

i hope that now that he's turned 18 he's decided to quite rugby?!? anyway, if it makes you feel better as to his 18-ness, you don't look a day over 30. really. (p.s. this would be a good 8-spt.)

Jill said...

How fun that you had all of these recent Jackisms and related quotes to share on his birthday. He seems like quite a character.

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! You rock!

shannon said...

By the sounds of Jack's comments, I'm sure there's never a dull moment in the Messer house!

#2--(the survival knife) was the one that cracked me up the most...

I really enjoy being around people who are witty...

How awesome of the doctor to make the delivery happen before midnight...I actually like St. Patrick's day--I guess because my favorite color is green...
(minus the beer and the crazy gay parades) it's kind of a cute holiday if you just focus on shamrocks, rainbows, and the pot of gold...

Happy Birthday, Jack!

shannon said...

P.S.--How do you like my new picure? tee hee

Karolynn said...

18??? Are you kidding? Happy Birthday! I would love it if Whitney wanted her senior photo on the couch watching TV. She wants me to pay a lot of money so she can lean on a tree. LOL!!!

Janae said...

Wow...18? Happy Birthday Jack! I am sorry we won't be seeing a picture of you leaning against a tree;)
Great post Patsy!

Johnna said...

Happy Birthday Jack! Hope you have a great day!

Love you, Aunt Johnna

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday Jack! He is hilarious...

She Loves To Make said...

I love the things that Jack has said. He's so funny!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Jack Garrett!

Since I can remember he always knew who he was! Who knew he would develop such a phobia to trees in his old age!

Have a super great happy birthday!!

wende said...

ok, i have to say that this post makes me a little nervous as the PHOTOGRAPHER in charge of taking his senior photos!

tell him...i do ONLY tree photos. i think i did a tree photo of brian? is he making fun of my brian photo?

can't wait jack...i can tell already that we're going to have a reeeaaalll good time.

wende said...

i forgot to say happy birthday jack. and i think you're a great kid, a great smart kid. even though you don't like tree photos.

michelle said...

"Wisdom that will surely last through the ages..." You and Jack are both cracking me up!