Wednesday, March 11, 2009

AIDA!!

I had three meetings yesterday
(back in the saddle)
then last night I took jack & the girls to see our
High School's production of
AIDA
Talk about WOW!!!!?
It was out of this world!
Hard to believe it was a High School- seriously!
this kids were phenomenal, the sets-
stunning & the orchestra- perfect!!
All of my kids- except trent-
have participated in musicals on the Elementary, jr high, and or H.S. level.
We live in a seriously great, theatre supporting community
LUcKY
I would've given my right lung to be in a production as
wonderful as this at this age.
I wanted to be a STar -back then-
Now I am happy to just be in the audience.
Actually thrilled to be here.
I loved it.
I love musical theatre.....
Megan & Brian
wish you were here!!

10 comments:

shannon said...

How fun!

I always loved participating in our high school musicals...it was an awesome experience...

Hopefully, when my kids are older, they will want to do that, too...

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so jealous you got to go!!! I love Viewmont musicals and have ALWAYS wanted to see Aida. It is one of my favorite soundtracks.

Janae said...

I heard that this production was really awesome! So glad you got to go and experience it:) love the pictures of the girls.

wende said...

saw it and LOVED it. i can't believe they're high school, so over the top great.

Kristy said...

I wish I had gotten to sit with you guys....your seats were way better than the side ones we had.

Loved the production.....it was awesome!!! Those kids have awesome voices!

Jill said...

I have never been to any of the local high school's performances. I'm not a theater lover, so I don't go out of my way to go. But I think it's cool that your community does a great job and that your family loves it so much.

Beth said...

So fun, your love has helped me to learn, grow and support the local musicals in our area. It has been a wonderful experience... maybe Broadway will wait for your empty nest phase!

Holly said...

Saw it. Loved it!

Hope you are doing well. I read everyone elses blogs still, just don't have time to keep up my own. Life is crazy busy! Love your blog!

Holly said...

Y'all are so cultured and high-brow. :)

Seriously, I think it's great you take your kids to musicals and plays often. We need to do that more now that A. is getting older.

michelle said...

I love musical theater, too. How great that the high school has such a high production value! Now that's inexpensive entertainment for the family.