Sunday, March 29, 2009

journaling a saturday

It has been a really busy weekend. The kind of weekend when you feel like you need a break & you're ready to go back to school & work to get one. AFter a long Saturday of yard work & a nagging nine year old who is ready to put in a roof with solar panels on his tree house?? (heaven help us)- brett went to HOme Depot to buy weather stripping for the back door (bronco chewed it up & a snow storm is a comin'.) He brought home some rope for my scouts. How thoughtful - I know?!! Romance is not dead. He & trent measured it off & he taught trent how to burn the ends & tie it up into neat bundles. Now when there is down time with the boys I will have them start working on knots.
It looks like he tying trent up. Hmmm... that's got me thinking?

(quilt squares- I'm working on two quilts for the twin beds in chloe's room)
The Girls had AIM= achievement in music. It's a music testing day... hard to explain- they play two songs for judges, scales & more, then have a written test. There are 10 levels in AIM. Hailey is level 6 chloe is 4. It's pretty tough. But remember- we can do hard things :)
One of these days I will put video up of them playing. Their songs this year were amazing- fabulous & so hard. They are wonderful musicians. March is tough, but one day they will thank me.. right? I tried to take video at their recital last week & my camera wouldn't work!aargh!! Now they probably won't let me... we'll see...
AS I was thinking about telling them 'they could do hard things' I refrained. Moods were low. there was some serious frustration & even piano pounding going on... I kept my mouth shut- but thought to myself. I can do hard things! I got down on the floor & cleaned it! Scrubbed it! the whole painted floor- whole thing. Then cleaned all the floors & got tons of laundry done. I cleaned most of the day. Yes- I can do hard things.
Rugby Jack came home with blood running out of his under armour. Gross. Bronco thought he smelled good though.

Friday I went to Costco & bought this evil stuff that has sustained us through the hard times this weekend. Que Bueno. Have you ever tried it? Don't judge me until you've had it! It's so, so good. Brett tried to read what was on the ingredients but I wouldn't let him- I don't want to know. Let me live in happiness. I only buy it maybe once a year. I mean come on... it's a whole can of cheese sauce. Once a year/can of cheesy queso = happiness.
Later Saturday night the girls & I went to the general YW conference broadcast at the stake center. It was FAntaSTic! I cannot wait for next weekend- Conference weekend is my favorite weekend of the whole year!!!
Now it's Sunday night- Brett was in charge of a YM stake fireside on the duty to God program. He is a great motivational speaker. He did a great job. It was nice to sit in the audience with jack. It snowed at least 5 inches today, but it's melting. More snow to come tomorrow. I just wrote to the missionary. Monday is email day. My favorite. I hope he is good. I know he is.

10 comments:

Jill said...

I don't like feeling so busy over the weekend that normal life comes as a relief, but that happens sometimes. It's nice that it's rare.

It's very nice of Brett and Trent to take care of that rope for you for scouts, that's a guy kind of job in my book.

I'm sorry the girls were so frustrated with the AIM stuff, but they'll be so thankful later that they have that talent and the experience of the testing and everything. I wish I could play the piano as well as they do.

Ouch to Jack's wounds!

I've never tried Que Bueno, but it looks like something that would be a guilty pleasure for sure.

Johnna said...

What an amazing weekend! A friend of mine had to be out of town and her daughter asked me to watch the YW conference with her. It was amazing and I was envious that I no longer have daughters at home. I too am excited for conference weekend.

And yes someday they will thank you.

Have a great day!

Karolynn said...

I am so going to Costco and getting some of that cheese! I am so jealous about the YW conference. I had not clue about it. I totally missed it. I was so sad because it was my last one with Whitney. I feel dumb that I didn't know about it too. Your girls are great on the piano. It would be so nice to listen to them play so for sure do a video!

Karrie said...

Where on earth is Que Bueno at Costco? I've never seen it...it's a good thing too!

Karrie said...

I love the quilt squares...so great!

shannon said...

I had to laugh at the "romance isn't dead" comment!--A rope!--just what I've always wanted...

I take it that the rugby is still going fast and furious??--

Cute quilt squares...there must be a quilting bug in the air because it seems that everyone I know is working on a quilt project...
(except me, of course...I just live vicariously through you guys)

wende said...

this was a great post - wow, busy weekend. i'm so glad you got some cleaning done, i know that has to feel good! you CAN do hard things!

so i'm thinking that if you looked at the que bueno ingredients maybe that would cure your temptation to eat it any more!? that might be a good thing, although, i'm ALL for guilty pleasures. especially when they're once a year! you're so good! great post!

Janae said...

This post really made me tired thinking about your day...;)
I don't know about that Que Bueno stuff, but, i'm not one to judge as I could just eat a cube of butter mixed with some brown sugar.
I saw Jack on Sunday...oh dear, I hope he is better soon!
The girls will thank you, that is my philosophy. We can do hard things. You are right!
The quilts will be amazing:)

Kristy said...

Que Bueno.....yummy! I have bought it before and we love it! Just like you I can't buy it very often. I am glad you had a productive weekend and got your floors clean!

Your quilt is looking really really cute!

Beth said...

I am catching up on my blog reading... I am a little behind.

The quilts.... awwww!

The rope, such a funny comment!

The cheese! Oh the cheese!!! It must run in the blood... your brother LOVES that stuff. We haven't found it at Costco yet, only Sam's (we got one can one time a while back). Too funny the weird things that you guys have in common. So funny... I am not telling him we might be able to find it at Costco... it's good to remain hidden on a back shelf somewhere. Although I will say it was the cheapest gallon of cheese I ever bought! (I should actually put some in our food storage... hmmm).