Monday, March 9, 2009

hurray!! missionary pictures

Hurray
Look what was in my inbox today!!
Mondays are the best-
**missionary email day **
According to the missionary- this is Elizabeth & Juan Carlos.
Brian baptized them a couple of weeks ago.
He loves them so much & has told us over & over how wonderful they are.
this is Brian & his companion.
He's kind of a greenie- only out a couple of months.
He's from Argentina & likes to play "air drums" a lot.
Ha ha ha ha- only fitting that the whistling, tapping king gets a companion who does something like this. He has grown on him & transfers- this week- are going to be tough I'm sure.

Last but not least a photo of him & another companion Elder Aspitia. I can't remember where he is from... some where in South America.

Having a missionary son- wow- it's tough at first but then-

the rewards- they are huge
On saturday we were walking down the street and a few of the plans we had fell through. We went walking towards another part of town and, it was cool, we were walking right next to a door that was there right on the sidewalk and I stopped without thinking and said "here." We knocked the door and a young guy came and answered and invited us in. He was there alone, his family had all gone somewhere. As we started my companion asked if he needed us to pray for something specific for him. He said peace in his family because they were having some problems. We prayed and started sharing and we shared about baptism and confirmation and the blessings and peace of the gift of the holy ghost. He accepted everything. At the end of the lesson we invited him to pray about the message... he said "I already kind of did. I prayed yesterday that the Lord would send me some type of guidance... and you came."

Can you believe what a great experience?!!
If you come here- I love you son-
My missionary son
- partly why I blog-
absolutely why I am not private.

12 comments:

Karolynn said...

Wow what amazing things he is doing! Brought tears to my eyes!

Karolynn said...

Wow what amazing things he is doing! Brought tears to my eyes!

Kim Sue said...

Beautiful story ...I am sure there are many days that are tough and a struggle so what a fabulous experience for him!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That is an amazing story!

shannon said...

Wow! Patsy!--What a bonus e-mail day it was for you!

What a wonderful story...I look forward to my son (or daughters) being able to experience something so life changing as a mission...

I'm so glad that you blog and that you are not private... :) It's been so great getting to know about you and your family...

Kristy said...

Wow Patsy!!!! What a neat story and awesome pictures!

Janae said...

A definite life changing experience for all involved! I absolutely LOVE it:) yeah for missionaries and their moms!

wende said...

yay for missionaries. and their awesome parents and families who help raise them.

Jill said...

What a great update! He looks so happy and is clearly doing well. What a joy!

Rachel said...

Oh, thank you for sharing this! What an awesome experience - that boy is definitely doing good things!

jakenapril said...

awesome. i love missionary letters...sigh of relief, tears, renewed faith, and more tears. good (e)mail for sure!

michelle said...

Patsy! What a story. I am really looking forward to some big parenting rewards...