Tuesday, March 24, 2009

unexpected blessing...?

I had a bunch of errands to run today-
lots of good mail to sendAnd a scout patch to pick up.
I am officially nuts over scouting. Brett went up to turn in Jack's Eagle papers (hurray!!) earlier this month & they didn't have the patch I needed. Someone inexperienced tried to give him the WRong patch... I called today, they said they had it in- I went to get it myself- instead of putting it on the list for the cub master. I was worried they would give him the wrong patch... you just don't promise boys a patch- then bring the wrong one. Am I right?


So off to Salt Lake City I went this morning.

{AFter dropping off Hailey's homework, which she left in carpool & after I made her promise to pick up the upstairs bathroom EVEry morning this week as payment for bringing it- (what a sweet deal!) She crossed her heart, hoped to die, stick a needle in her eye. So she better do it. I would hate for her to be blinded. In our house this commitment is binding & serious.}
I was on my way to a restaurant supply store to pick up something for Janae - since I was already downtown- & look what I happened upon.
OH my- a bakery I had never seen before!
in case you didn't know...
I have a thing for bakeries
Which is obvious when you see my backside- or front side for that matter.
I wasn't going to stop- no- no.
But then, something just came over me.
I made a u-turn & went inside. Let me just say...
My life has been changed for the better.
It was wonderful!
I didn't take my camera in for fear of having to explain myself, but I really wish I would have. Look at what I bought.
Chocolate mousse & a cookie for Janae.
The chocolate mousse was
ABSOLUTELY EXQUISITE!!
i WISH you all could taste it.
It was seriously the very best I have EVEr had
It had three layers:
A thin layer of dark mousse on the bottom
milk in the middle
sweet cream with a hint of orange on top.

I'm not sure I will ever be the same.
I will have to drive in to Salt Lake all the time now.
My rear end is in real trouble.
Maybe I should have stayed home today :)

12 comments:

Karrie said...

Wow that place looks totally incredible! I saw a show the other day about New York and they showed a cupcake bakery...with all homemade cupcakes baked a dozen at at time....I can't remember the name...I'm soo mad!

Kristy said...

That is a place I will have to avoid.....probably for the best it looks way too good!

Jill said...

Woohoo for all that good mail you sent!

Is it me or is that Scout patch heinously ugly? It's great that Jack is getting his Eagle, but what is that patch? It looks veiny and food-like. (I need a better attitude about scouts...we have Pack Meeting tonight dang it.)

I love it that you turned around to check out the new bakery!

She Loves To Make said...

That chocolate mousse looks amazing!!! I'm excited to see that my package was in your picture. I can't wait to get it!

shannon said...

Jill is sooo right!--ha ha--that scout patch is totally heinous!
Scouting is very vexing to me as well and we're just starting out!

The mousse sounds divine! And that flower on the cookie is so classy--is that their trademark?
What a cool place--

I had to laugh about your comment about your back and frontside testifying of your love of bakeries...(Mine seconds that emotion!)

Holly said...

That patch does have quite an UG factor. I don't know much about Scouts, but most likely discover the ins and outs of Daisies Brownies soon.

I'd love to discover a really divine new bakery. What a treat! We don't have anything unique like that locally--which might be a good thing.

PaD said...

I love bakeries too. I loved the Safeway bakery cream filled bismarks we use to get when you were a kid. It was fun to go and get one of our favorite treats. I remember going with Johnna to get a pastry before I had to have a hypoglycemia test. We loved that pastry. No more pastries after my test. It's a good memory tho.

PaD said...

Check this out. If you haven't seen it. It is so inspirational.

http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html

Janae said...

Patsy~ that cookie was so amazing! We all need to go and check this place out!! Thanks for being so sweet to me, and bringing me all kinds of treats:)

Jill said...

Just an update for you...I thought Pack Meeting tonight was actually okay at first but it turned heinous on me, not just annoying, but truly heinous. My only comfort is that I only have 5 more to go until Landon turns 11!

Kim Sue said...

yum! for good mail and especially bakery products :o)

wende said...

i love the flower on that cookie.
i love that you turned the car around to go check it out.
i love that you're a scout zealot now.
i love that you love your scouts enough to go hunting down a patch that you promised them.
i love that you made hailey promise the needle in her eye thing from when we were kids.

great post. i also love YOU!