Wednesday, March 18, 2009

happy st. patrick's day

So I did it!
I followed the advice of the 2 clever mom's & bought Lucky Charms for breakfast-
then made the cutest ever
green lunches for my kids.

I took GReen loaves of bread to my VTeachee's & made a quick
but yummy GReen dinner. Besides all that it was our R.S. birthday party.
I had signed up to decorate a cake
I opted for taste over St. Patrick themed...

and went with my favorite chocolate cake
Black Forest Style
I LOVE this cake
SO EASy & SO darn moist & good!

Every RS activity involves the Young Women in our ward.
It's the BEST Idea for Relief Society EVer!
The Young Women leaders get to come to the R.S. activity & the girls get to hang out with the women & their moms. They are just so fun to have around- all the women gush over them.

After the party I ran to Target to grab a couple of things...
while I was waiting for a RX to be filled I ran into these
CUPCAke SAndaLS
They are so cute!
Too bad Chloe & Hailey won't wear them- they won't fit me either!
-Bummer-
On a not so happy note-
today wasn't my best day...
I had a long Community council meeting with the worst cramps-
(holy hell- when is that going to be over??- I'm talking about the cramps)
came home to two sickos, then got ready for a scout service project.
Let me just put it this way- I only swore once.
I may be getting released from scouts....?
At least it was just two boys overhearing me say -
what the hell were you thinking?
to my own kid-
but still--- I'm pretty sure swearing is frowned upon.
getting nine year old boys to do work is really not easy, especially my own scout who sat in the car & pouted & now is throwing a huge fit because he didn't get the scout treat.
LESSON LEARNED:
**PMS & CUB SCOUTS do not mix**

*does your local bakery bake GREen Bread?
*do you consider Hell a swear word????

12 comments:

shannon said...

Hooray for St. Patrick's Day and Kristi (who inspired the whole world with her cute ideas!)

I love your green bread!

That is such a great idea include the YW in the RS activities...I think it helps to give them a better understanding of what it is exactly that we do and makes the transition when they are 18 all that much easier...

The cake looks fabulous!!!!

Hell no! I don't really consider hell a swear word! (although I don't use it very often, sometimes it's just the only word that says it all!)

Jill said...

I definitely DO NOT consider Hell a swear word!

I'm cracking up about PMS and Cub Scouts not mixing--that would be a terrifying combo in my world.

Janae said...

hell is not a swear word...after all, it is in the scriptures!
The cake looks fabulous, I love the green bread. And, I am sorry about the PMS and Cub Scouts...sounds like a bad mix to me, those boys are just lucky hell is all they heard;)

Janae said...

Also, I think i'd better run and get those cupcake sandals...you should of bought them for me and told me to write you a check;) I am sure i've got somebody here that would fit into them:)

everything pink! said...

thanks for the 2clever shout out.
did you know Jeff's parents live in St. George, maybe they are neighbors.

She Loves To Make said...

The cake you made looks so good! I'm going to have to make that sometime. I love how your relief society includes the young women. That is such a great idea!
Those cupcake shoes are so cute!!!
And even though everyone else said no, I think hell is a swear word.
Love the green lunches! Love you :)

Kristy said...

Yummy cake! Yesterday was not a good day for me....maybe we should have hung out and been mean and nasty together!

Hell is not a swear word at my house even though my kids can't say it unless we are reading the scriptures!! Cub scouts.....thank you very much I will keep my calling as Primary President any day!

Love the sandals......way too cute!

Holly said...

The way you told the good and the bad makes the theme song of "The Facts of Life" pop into my head, "You take the good, you take the bad...the facts of life..."

Anyway.

Good for you on all of your St. Pat's celebrating! We only ate Lucky Charms and wore green. Woo.

I HAVE to make that cake! Soon! Looks beyond dee-lish.

Sorry for the yucky parts of your day. Blech.

To me Hell is an eternal place we are warned about, but since people use the word casually it may not carry the same fear as it should. Does that make sense? I think of it as a curse word when someone uses it that way (not really talking about actual Hell).

wende said...

megan only thinks that hell is not a swear word yet because she doesn't have toddlers - yes, you have to have more than one. :)

two of my favorite phrases are "oh hell" and my all time favorite is "hells bells". i think janae is right, the scouts are lucky that hell is all they heard. :) sorry about your cramps. when i die, i'm wanting some answers to all this girl crap, thats for sure.

wende said...

ok AND...do you think i could cram my feet into those cupcake shoes! dammit rich! i need a little girl! those are hands down the cutest shoes i've ever seen. i can't believe you didn't just buy them!

and...do you know that we had au jus sandwhiches on dick's green hoagie bread for dinner last night - and i didn't even think to take a photo! GASP! i need to start blogging again.

Karolynn said...

I love the St. Patrick things you did! You are such a great Mom! Ok that was the BEST cake!!! I was watching it when you brought it in and had to sneak over for a piece. Thank you so much! I am so going to Target tomorrow to buy those shoes for my little girls. Sorry you had a bad day. I don't think any word that is in the Bible should be considered a swear word. I always thought they would kick me our of YW for being crazy (I guess they got rid of me in a round about way). I hope your cramps are gone!

michelle said...

PMS and Cub Scouts definitely do not mix. Yowza. And no, I do NOT consider hell to be a swear word. I can't, because I say it all. the. time. Good hell, hells bells, what the hell, etc.