Monday, March 30, 2009

dogs & little boys

Every morning I try to walk the dogs. I try to walk them again in the afternoon- we don't go very far but they love it. It's good for us all. They get so excited, especially the puppy-- that by the time I get the leashes on them I'm ready to call it quits- Just kidding.
They are crazy though! Of course, I'm not the world's smartest dog trainer so that doesn't help. Poor Bronco was sitting...

This afternoon I took the cub scouts (with two other moms/leaders) to the University of Utah Museum of Natural History. We earned the museum walk patch. It was a little crazy... kind of like the dogs, but really educational & fun.


Besides cool dinosaur bones, minerals & precious stones, there was a great hands on lab

and a super cool, temporary, live amphibian exhibit.

There were frogs from all over the world. They were really fun to see.

The first Monday of every month is free at the museum.

If you are local & don't have plans- it would be a fun/free start to spring break next week!

10 comments:

wende said...

you are officially the coolest scout leader ever. and the videos are cracking me up!

Janae said...

ok, I would be so done even going out for the walk after the whole leash thing! That Bronco needs to share is energy and zest for walking with me!
I love that you guys earned your patch. Good job:)

Kristy said...

Brave Patsy!!! Dogs on a walk and taking the cubs to the museum. I think you need cub leader of the year award! :)

She Loves To Make said...

Did the scouts do cool things like this before you were a leader or are you just the best leader ever?! That museum looks like a lot of fun. hahaha and bronco...that is so funny

Jill said...

The video is funny, though I'm glad it's you and not me.

You were brave to take the scouts to the museum, did you wish you had leashes for them too?

patsy said...

you guys are WAY overexaggerating the scout leader stuff- they were good, really!

Tiffany said...

That is good to know about the free day at the museum. Will they let me just drop my kids off? I really could use some kids free shopping time....

Karolynn said...

You are such an amazing scout leader. Lucky boys!!! The museum looks great! Free is always nice! The dogs are adorable. Cute video!

Karrie said...

I bet Bronco won't be so exicted to do anything for a while after the big fix!

Fun boy scout outing...I just went there on a fieldtrip...I'm good not to have to go back for a while

Beth said...

You are such a fun scout leader! What a great field trip out.

I am cracking up about the video... it made me think of the very first thing out of our dog trainers mouth on the very 1st day... she said the dogs don't need as much training as the owners. She proceeded to ask if we were familiar with the mom in the store trying to get groceries with her kid in the cart standing and about to fall on his head... and the mom standing 5 feet away saying "you better sit, johnny sit, sit down, I am telling you, you better sit before you break your head, SIT, don't make me come over there, sit down!"

We then got our first instructions... only say it ONCE! Those dogs have better ears than you do; they heard you the very 1st time!!! (makes sense right)...

It took me 24 weeks to quit saying the command more than one time... she threw something at me everytime I did it. I am a slow learner! I was laughing out loud when I watched this video!!! Hilarious. Bronco has you trained very well already!

(I am laughing with you not at you... remember I have 3 of the little muddy paw critters) I can sooooooo relate!!!

I still feel another broken ankle in your future... if that is getting the leashes on; I can't even imagine THE WALK!

I am so proud of you... love you sis!