Friday, March 27, 2009

all kinds of creative goodness going on

Yesterday for creative Thursday we met at Kristy's house.
I got there a little late - rough morning.
When I got there look what was waiting-This BEAUtiful Lunch!!
Pasta Fagioli- Homemade Breadsticks & Salad
Kristy is a FABulous cook -(these recipes will soon be on Blogger mom's cook.) The soup- so good- makes 9 quarts- so there was enough for us- her daughter & friends- then dinner later. Kristy is one smart gal! She made the bread sticks with her bread maker & I can't wait to get the recipe myself... they were Fantastic.
Oh ya- she even made LEMon BArs -that were out of this world- I love lemon bars. I can't make lemon bars. I can't. I've tried. I can make anything... but lemon bars. Every time I make them they don't turn out. It's a curse. I've quit trying.
This week I worked on some baby bibs & burp clothes of the humanitarian center. My R.S. has been doing this on going project- donating fabric & making these. I've been doing 3-6 for a couple of weeks now. So cute & easy.
Wende was working on her fantastic cupcake birthday cards.
ARe these so cute or what!?

Check Spelling There was a whole lot of creative goodness going on-
but better than that - great friendships.

I was thinking...
if you are local (you know who you are) would you like to join us?
In the future would anyone be interested in a big Creative Thursday?
Kristy's friend stopped by when she saw all our cars at her house & brought us a treat. WE tried to get her to stay, but she wouldn't. So if anyone is interesting- i will plan a big creative thursday.


*are you in?

8 comments:

Gail said...

I have wanted to join all of you in your Creative Thursdays for a long time now. Being and artist and a student is a lonely thing. If you do a big one I will be there!

Janae said...

Such a great day:)
Wonderful idea Patsy! I think it would be such a blast to have a BIG creative Thursday:)

Jill said...

Wow, that's quite the deluxe lunch by Kristy! I'm sure Creative Thursday was the perfect remedy to your rough morning. I love seeing what you guys were working on.

wende said...

i'm so glad you're docmenting these fun days of ours. i'm going to be cupcake carded out soon, i need to find a new project. :)

kristy's soup was fantastic! no pressure on me to serve something great next week.

shannon said...

I wish I could jump into the computer screen and scarf up that pasta and salad!

The blue dinosaur looks like he's taking in all the creativity! :)

Love the bib project your working on!--That's really neat, Patsy!

Yes! those cupcake cards are sooo darling!--I am proud to say that I was a recipiant of one of those!
I'll never forget how kind that was of you to send me a birthday card when we had hardly "met"--

Now I've feel like we've been friends for years! :)

Kristy said...

Thanks Patsy your are too nice!!! Thursdays are always great days!!!!

Kari Sweeten said...

I think it's so cool you have creative Thursdays! I love seeing what you make. So fun!
Kristy will you be my friend, too?
Wow, that food looks delicious and I can't wait to get the recipes off your food blog.

Karrie said...

This was a great day...loved the soup...needing more of it...today is cold!!!