Sunday, May 24, 2009

twenty three years

Yesterday was our anniversary-
twenty three years


Amazing!We decided if Jack is old enough to go off to college in the fall & on a mission next year... then he can stay over night with his siblings!
Everyone was great. I think it was bonding for the kids to stay home together & a much needed time away for us. We really should do that more often. It's just so busy/hard to get away. We decided on a whim, Friday afternoon to take off- I guess that's what we need to do, not plan it- just do it.

This is the view coming out from dinner- stunning.

I love the beautiful mountains here.

Not as much as I love you Brett- marrying you was the best/smartest decision I have ever made- I hope we have more than 23 more years together.
last year I wrote about our 22nd anniversary & it is one of my favorite posts ever.

You can read it here-

8 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 23rd Anniversary! I'm glad you two got away overnight together.

Anonymous said...

23 years is amazing Patsy! Glad you two could escape for the night. It was fun to read your post from last year as well, so true :)

Kristy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I am glad that it worked out so you could get away!

Karrie said...

How fun...you could have come camping with us instead...that would have made some really great anniversary memories!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary!!

Holly said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary. 23 years is something to celebrate for sure--glad y'all took a spontaneous trip just the two of you.

wende said...

you guys are awesome. absolutely awesome. twenty three years is no small thing. i'm so glad you got away, even if it was to visit sick people. :)

and by the way, i think brett is pretty lucky to have you too. :)

love ya!

Janae said...

Happy Anniversary!
That dessert looks REALLY good...i'm wondering where you were eating?
So glad you guys got a night away:)