Saturday, May 16, 2009

my kind of thrilling

These babies were delivered to my house Thursday while I was at the Y.
The are so beautiful- so beautiful. A couple of weeks ago my blogger mom friend Kristy bought a set just like them but red. She found this seriously fantastic deal on them. I knew our old ones were almost dead... I knew it. I told Brett, but hey- I just didn't want to spend that kind of money when we didn't need to. I mean ours were really really old- bought before Hailey arrived in our lives- but they still worked!
Then it happened.
After. the. sale.
We even talked to the salesman about honoring the- two week ago sale- possibly for us...
it just wasn't a possibility.
I was mad.
Mad at myself.
Mad that I didn't buy them when I had the chance for $900 off!!
Instead of celebrating our new purchase I chose to just be mad. Until they arrived.
Oh my
they are amazing
I washed EVERY SINGLE DIRTY TOWEL IN MY HOUSE AT ONE TIME!
Then- my really heavy queens sized duvet with sheets.
Next all the dog bedding- washed on the SANITIZE/STEAM cycle.

That is after I spent a good part of the day figuring them out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't normally get excited about domestic appliances- but every towel in your house?!?! I think that is cause for celebration!

Congrats. Enjoy, enjoy!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, they are so beautiful I want to cry! And they're available in red? Wow. Just ... wow.

So happy for you and all your clean towels!

Jill said...

That's so exciting Patsy! Even if you missed the sale, these are dreamy. I'd be so excited about all those fancy features and huge capacity, I'd be washing everything in the house!

Kristy said...

They are so awesome!!!!! I love that I can get all my laundry done in no time. I LOVE LAUNDRY!!! (don't tell my family) I washed all my couch covers on Thursday and it was FABULOUS!!!! Let me know the secrets you learn. So far the only I have learned is the static on the dryer. Emily dried a load today without the static button and the clothes were full of static. Can't wait to see them!

wende said...

these are so beautiful! i'm so jealous, even if you did pay more money for them, i'm sure you won't regret it! every towel in the house? holy crap - i did THREE towel loads today!

crystal said...

Laundry is my favorite house chore! I love it.

Holly said...

Wow--fancy shcmancy and useful. Congrats!