Wednesday, May 27, 2009

hailey & a different note... or two

Tonight was the 9th Grade Merit & Honors Dinner.
To qualify for the Merit Award at our Jr. High- you have to apply. The application is divided up into different areas that you receive points in. Such as 10 points for musical theatre, service points, academic points, sports points...etc. Each applicant needs at least 50 points. Points can only be earned their 9th grade year. Students also need to have a teacher support their application. Hooray for Hailey who had more than enough points to qualify!!
Hailey is an absolute joy!
She is talented in many, many ways- especially music.
Her & her BFF have been writing & singing music together & it is Fantastic!
(video to come- if she will let me?)
She's a lot of fun to be around & that's sayin' a lot considering she's ...... fifteen- rough age- to say the least. I feel so privileged to be her mom- lucky me!! She is a daughter who is easy to love.
On a different note-
today was our last creative day of the school year- yes on a Wednesday- some of us had conflicting schedules tomorrow. Thank heavens we brought our calendars & planned on meeting throughout the summer- with & with out kids. I am so glad & think I'll survive the summer now. We met here at my house & it was so fun to have the preschoolers playing with the dogs & playdoh & bubbles (I miss preschoolers.) WEnde took some pictures, as soon as she posts them I will stick one here.
On another different note-
Our phone & internet line has been down for a little more than 24 hours- OH MY GOSH- this has been rough for me. It's like taking heroin from an addict. I was a mess this morning, not being able to have my morning reading & email checking. Funny how I got the painted floor scrubbed, a load of laundry done, picked up & made bread for our lunch...? hmmm- maybe my time should be used more wisely on a regular basis? Ouch- reality hurts.
On another different note-
Today is Linda -my wonderful neighbor's birthday! I made cupcakes for her surprise party which was darling- just like her!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA
On another different note-
graduation announcements are finally out- fewww- (just a million & one things going on this month) We are on the single digit count down to school being out. I don't know about you- but this school year has flown by!

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for hosting!!! I am sad to see our creative days come to end for a few months! I think I will live for our lunch or breakfast dates this summer.

Congrats Hailey!! Way to go!

I am so glad you got your internet fixed...hooray! In fact I should be in bed and not reading blogs I have to work all night tomorrow night! Maybe we need to start a support group???

wende said...

oh how i love that darling hailey girl...and her ukulele, piano playing and just general cuteness. congratulations. and i'm so mad i missed this chance with taylor. i guess i'll know better with allie, it's rough being the oldest/ginuea pig!

i have that same blogging sickness. good for you for getting other stuff done instead of wallowing, which is what i would've done.

the toddlers LOVE your house. did you notice how ethan never asked me for one thing the whole time we were there? all i heard today was, "um patsy, can i have..." you are darling and that's why the little guys love you so much. and so do i. i'm so sad to not have theraputic days for a while but i'm THRILLED that we got something scheduled for every single week of the summer. NO SMALL TASK.

i love linda.

i'm so glad you got the announcements checked off your list. now i just need to think of something fun for jack's graduation gift. any great ideas? what do you give boys?

shannon said...

Did I hear you say that you miss pre-schoolers? Would you be up for some good mail?--It might be coming to you on tonight's red eye Delta flight--:(

She would love to partake of your playdough and bubbles! My summer worries would be over (and yours would just be beginning!) hee hee

Hailey really does seem like a delight...way to go, Hailey on making the Merit and Honors dinner!

Anonymous said...

"She is a daughter who is easy to love."- that has to be the best sentiment toward a teenage girl (at least it will be when she is old enough to realize how much you appreciated it!)

My morning routine involves checking e-mail and such, when things are down I feel so off- yet productive!

She Loves To Make said...

Your internet and phone are down? Oh no! That picture of Hailey sure is cute!

Jill said...

Congratulations to Hailey!

Today is field day for us (I should be leaving now, but I'm not even dressed yet), and then tomorrow is our last day of school. I can't believe it!

I'm so glad you girls got together for another Creative day before school gets out.

Karolynn said...

I just adore Hailey too! You are for sure a blessed Mom. Congrats to her! Happy Birthday to Linda she is amazing!

Karrie said...

If you need more frosting tasting LMK...loved it at your house today...so fun...can't wait for the BM summer activities.

Karrie said...

P.S. Way to go Hailey

Janae said...

Congrats Hailey! I love that picture of her too...really cute.
such a great day at your house Patsy...those kids had the time of their lives! Thank you for your patience and sweetness towards them, they are devoted to you forever now:) you will be hearing..."umm, Patsy" for sometime to come:)