Friday, May 29, 2009

enough! i give in- uncle already....

I'm wiped out.
It's been the busiest week ever, I think... well maybe.
I'm pretty sure the schools plans so much the last month of school so us moms will be so worn down & tired we'll do anything to get it over with. Even if it means having the kids home for the summer. jk There have been class parties.
Extra room mother projects for Trent's teacher who is retiring.
3rd grade International day
(I agreed to do a presentation on Chile... then found out two days before it was supposed to be 25 minutes long & I was doing it for 5 different groups- what? panic followed by a trip to the library, followed by intense study- just what i needed to do with all my free time...? It actually turned out great & I way over worried & planned... as usual- will I ever learn?)
Charlie Brown
Cast parties
Ballet Carpool
Scout field trips & scout meetings
Pack meeting
Trent earned his BEar.
creative day & lunch at my house
my phone/internet went down
Hailey was sick- now Jack
Dr. appointments
dentist appointments
birthday parties
cupcakes
wedding showers
more cupcakes
awards dinners
BBQ's
My personal favorite...
Big time guilt-
I told some PTA presidents I would do something & haven't gotten it done & I won't get it done- I hate when I can't get something done I said I would do- not cool.
Senior activities
not to mention the regular stuff- you know
dinner- homework- mold experiments- concert reports - etc....
tonight was the last Jr. High Choir concert for the year.
On a Friday night- I know?
it had to be changed since Seminary graduation is next week.
this was Hailey's last time preforming as a jr. high madrigal. I think it has been a good learning experience for her & I hope she has had a lot of fun & growth from it.
This is a horrible picture I know-
We sat way in the back so this was the best I could do.
why did we sit so far back?
besides the fact is was jam packed crowded
It was so hot I wanted to get out of there!
I was hoping that back in the back, near the back door it wouldn't be so hot- no luck.
SO HOT- full of bodies--- like 95 degrees!!
HOly hot misery.

The eighth grade choir got up to sing
Bohemian Rhapsody complete with a jr. high drummer, keyboard & electric guitar player.

I braced myself.

As if the heat alone wasn't bad enough. I was scared. I was worried for them. Heck, I was worried for myself! Looking around I could see looks of painful anticipation on other parent's faces-- who arranges this stuff?

Well- to my surprise- it wasn't that bad, really.

Did I forget to mention Bishopric training- with the wives? Brett was called into the Bishopric two weeks ago. He will still be YM stake presiedent for another month, since he is heavily involved with next month's pioneer trek- wow-

I guess I shouldn't complain- not that I'm complaining... I mean there is always a bright side.

At least I'm not going on trek-

*is your may like this?


4 comments:

wende said...

may is kicking my butt. and i don't have a senior!

one more week...one more week...one more week.

Karrie said...

This makes me tired...I have to take a nap!!!

shannon said...

You really have been one busy girl!

I'm pretty sure I'd rather die from freezing to death rather than being overheated...so this concert sooooo did not have my name written all over it...

Those concert climate conditions seemed mighty harsh, but it sounds like you made it through....

The song that you videoed sounded great...

I have new appreciation for my mom who always was such a good sport with my choir concerts (they were always so darn lengthy!)--our concerts were never jam packed with talent...

Jill said...

Good grief, after a week like this I'd want to unplug the phones, close the curtains and hit the cozy!