Monday, May 18, 2009

what's up

Yesterday Wende took Jack's senior photos-
I hung out as the assistant & smile maker.
She didn't need help especially after calling him America's next top model over & over.
That got him laughing.
This is just a simple shot from my camera....
You can just imagine how cool hers are-
I am so excited about these
and he...
could care less- or at least that's how he tries to act-
secretly I think he is pretty excited about them too.
I bought plants this morning for our garden.
This is the first year, I think... that we've gotten a garden in before June. I am so happy about this- I just can't believe how great it feels to get this done. May is always the busiest month of the year. I still have a bunch of things to get done in the garden & I know it will be a summer long project ... but I am still excited to have the basics in.

For family night we had my favorite strawberry shortcakes & finally came to a conclusion on our family mission statement that will soon be over our front door.

be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

There were a lot of contenders- but this scripture won out.

It's nice having Hailey home after school- no more play practice. I'm doing loads & loads of heavy duty laundry (happiness), getting ready for a bridal shower, sewing some baby things...

what's up at your house?

5 comments:

wende said...

oh man, the strawberry short cake looks SO yummy. strawberries with cream, what could be better than that?

and YAY for getting your garden started! you will be so happy you did this later when you have all the yummy veggies for it.

i'm so happy to finally have taylor home after school, i almost started crying today when he walked in the door with allie. ya, i'm a little emotional, i know. the play turned out so cute but i'm so happy that it's OVER.

and...the PHOTOS! i'm excited that we got so many photos that really capture jack's personality. thanks for crying over them, you made my day with your great reaction! :)

Jill said...

I'm sure the pictures of Jack are fabulous because Wende does such a great job and because Jack is such a stud. The photo you took looks cool.

Congratulations on getting your garden in already!

I love your family mission statement.

Kristy said...

I excited to see Jack's pictures. Where did you end up taking them???

I am so glad that everything is winding down.......I am ready for a break too!

She Loves To Make said...

I would have loved to be there when Wende was calling Jack America's next top model haha. The photo you took looks awesome. I can't wait to see what Wende does!!!
I love your family mission statement. That is really neat.
Now I want strawberry shortcake, thanks.

Karrie said...

I'm wanting this right now...the strawberry's look so yummy!