Thursday, May 21, 2009

cubscouts & cupcakes& kris

Yesterday was a better day
although I spent a good part of the day anticipating our afternoon scout field trip. You just never know how those are gonna go- and it was GREat!
In honor of Memorial Day coming up, we went to Fort Douglas & learned about Utah soldiers. It was a really cool place- outside there were tanks & army helicopters, really cool.

I came home to start making these-
Loads & Loads of cupcakes for a bridal shower tonight!
My cutest neighbor ever- is getting married next month- so there is a neighborhood shower tonight. We are serving cupcakes & slushes.

It was a great night to be in the house baking with all the American Idol excitement. I don't post or discuss the fact that I like American Idol- don't love it... not anymore....
I had a break through a few years back when my favorite contestant got voted off & I almost started crying, then was upset for days...???
Ya- I decided not to take TV so seriously.

But then- what do ya know?!!

Hooray Kris won!!

love him- love the guitar & piano & that voice- he totally deserved it!

Tune in to this blog tomorrow to see what us blogger mom's do with these cupcakes- they are helping me decorate them today during creative Thursday.

7 comments:

Karolynn said...

Yummy cupcakes! I bet they will look amazing all decorated!

Jill said...

I was so thrilled with American Idol last night, especially since Landon has been rooting for Adam and has been driving me crazy with that. Kris sounded so great singing with Keith Urban, I'm going to buy that song from itunes.

I'm glad it was a better day for you!

wende said...

i didn't even help decorate one cupcake! i'm a dork!

and yay for yummy kris allen. i'm with jill - i LOVED that keith urban song he sang with him. totally buying that and pretending that I'M the girl they're dreaming about kissing. :)

wende said...

p.s. you are the coolest scout leader EVER. i can't believe all the cool stuff you do with your boys. i hope they appreciate you.

Kristy said...

You rock as a scout leader! We need to change wards! I don't think Jake has passed off one thing as a bear yet.

The cupcakes turned out so cute! Sorry I didn't help.

Anonymous said...

I want some cupcakes now- thanks!

Glad it was a better day :)

Karrie said...

You get a medal for loving scouts!! I think you're the only one on the planet...JK Those boys are sooooo lucky!