Thursday, January 1, 2009

welcome 2009!

~ New Year's Eve 2009 ~
We took down all the Christmas decorations
(taking them down feels as good as putting them up to me)
then the blogger moms & husbands & some of the kids came over to celebrate.
Except for Janae who was with family(we missed you.)
Everyone brought something to share...

It's not the best picture...
but we had loads of really great finger food, slush, plenty of diet coke & sparkling cider to toast the new year.We played wii fit.Holy cow- that thing is TONS of fun.
I can see why everyone wants one & we can't find one anywhere!
I did see a stack of them before Halloween at Costco & walked right on by!
Who knew??
Obviously... not me!

I really love these guys.
Karrie's husband troy brought us all a DVD he made out of pictures from our blogs.
All the times we did things together or with the kids he put on the DVD with great music about friendship. I was so amazed & really touched watching it. It made me think about a lot of fun times in 2008 & really look forward to 2009.
This new year I definitely want to take more/better photos. I didn't get one with Brett & I or troy, or Hailey, or jack... who else did I miss? We also had a rousing game of Texas Hold Em'.
I had never played before & now I wish I would've taken a picture of my winnings, because I didn't do too bad.
The kids played twister, watched a movie, played wii-
& with their Nintendo DS's- several kids got them for Christmas.

They are a great bunch & got along so smooth.
Lucky for them Karrie brought poppers & blowers.

At midnight they took pots & pans with wooden spoons out to bang in the front yard.
There was already plenty of noise & fireworks going on-
We made a quick rule- no blowing in the house.

2009 promises to bring a lot of changes here in my world.
first off- megan & tony move to Arkansas
jack - graduates from H.S. & goes away to college
brian - comes home from his mission
hailey- turns 16 & goes to H.S. starts... driving?

oh boy
I hope it's a good one.
RIght now....
I think it will be!
*what about you- are you looking forward to a new year?

9 comments:

Cecilia said...

Looks like tons of fun!

I'm so looking forward to a new year! 2009 will ROCK!

Jill said...

I think it's so wonderful that the blogger moms have become such good friends and that throwing the husbands and kids into the mix is still fun. This looks like a really great night.

Kristy said...

Fun times!!! We need more pics of this next year! I know last year we did not have a full year but this year we will, I am looking forward to fun times in 09!

Love ya :)

wende said...

it was such a fun party - dare i say...tradition?!

all that food, oh man, so good. thanks for being such great hosts - and next year, i'll take YOUR picture ok?! i feel so bad you didn't get one of you and brett!

wende said...

it was such a fun party - dare i say...tradition?!

all that food, oh man, so good. thanks for being such great hosts - and next year, i'll take YOUR picture ok?! i feel so bad you didn't get one of you and brett!

Beth said...

Looks like so much fun! We love our Wii Fit too!

Beth said...

Looks like so much fun! We love our Wii Fit too!

Karrie said...

I loved the party and so did the kids. I really think I need to get a hair makeover for 2009. I look scary in the photos.

michelle said...

How thoughtful of Troy to make that DVD! What a wonderful gift to you all.