Wednesday, January 28, 2009

patches

Last night was my first official pack meeting as a bear den leader.
I squeezed into my scout "jacket"- and put a smile on.
Here is my den in their new patch vests I made them.
Everyone who finished the achievements at home I gave them to do got one tonight as a reward for following through. My older boys had these- patch vests- if you have a cub scout they are really great to have. In cubs there are so many patches & pins to earn that don't officially go on the uniform- so this is a great way to display & wear them proudly (also it keeps all those patches/pins from being shoved in a box & forgotten.){ To keep things private I am not taking any photos from the front.}

{the garden & shed covered in doggy footprints}
Yesterday I went to a convention put on by the school district on technology in the classroom. (I forgot my camera %$#@!) It was a great opportunity to see what new technology is being use & can be used to help kids learn. I went as the Community Council Rep. but learned a lot about things that can help keep kids attention & focus. I am applying some of the ideas to scouts/homework. There is so much technology out there & these kids- they don't know life without it. I am looking for some pod casts to help teach my scouts next month on information (newspapers, television, Internet) and to help Trent with his times tables--- if any of you tech savvy readers out there have any good ideas- drop me a note, please!

We got blasted by about six inches of snow on Sunday & it's still here. I love fresh snow- it has been so cold, it still looks fresh. I hear we are maybe getting more today.

Today I have CREated a day at home - like my non busy day last week!
I am so excited for today- just me & the dogs... I'm trying to be positive here- making home a better place & working on a project that is a surprise birthday gift so I can't show it... just yet.
*what are you creating?

4 comments:

shannon said...

Wow! a bear den leader, huh?!...:(
I'm pretty sure I would not want that calling--heh heh...
Sounds like you're being a good sport about it...
I love those days where I can CREate a day at home...I am a total homebody!
Can't wait to see what the surprise project that you are working on is!

There's nothing like fresh snow!

Jill said...

I've never seen vests like that, but it makes way more sense than going to the trouble of sewing everything on one shirt only to have to do it again on another.

Our snow got covered in ice, so it's kind of a mess.

I love days at home alone!

Janae said...

What a great idea on the vests! did you sew them for each boy?
I'm glad the meeting went well...

michelle said...

Podcasts are a great teaching idea!

Hmmm, what am I creating? A Blurb book for my father-in-law, painting shelves for our bookcase so I can rescue my books from the garage, valentine cards.