Monday, December 29, 2008

peace on earth?

We have this unusual Christmas tradition at our house.
I'm not sure when or how it started... but it did & I don't think we can end it now.
Every year the boys in the family get some kind of crazy weapon-like toy. Each of them. Then- the war begins... it's every man for himself. If you are a woman, you just stay out of the way & hope not to get in the cross fire.In this picture... trent is hiding & brett is pointing his new nerf gun towards me. Ya, those are my feet. He's not really pointing at me- it's just that jack is peeking out behind the couch, next to my head. He knows that dad won't shoot- not as long as he is this close to mom. coward- not for long though.

This year it was nerf guns with light beams things, you know for aiming. I can't remember what they are called? Tony got one too, but didn't stick around long enough for the real fight, ah hem, I mean... fun. I think this all started long ago when the boys were little. Brett doesn't have brothers & when I got the boys nerf swords & all I just got him one too.
A couple of years ago it was mayhem when we passed out marshmallow guns. (I found stale marshmallows around the house for years. SEriously) The marshmallow guns were all fun & games until the boys discovered that FRoZen marshmellows hurt when you shoot them.
That wasn't cool.

Trent loved every minute of this.
He may not be as quick reloading, but
he absolutely REFUSed to "surrender" & jack showed no mercy.
(don't you just love how hailey just sits there on the computer like nothing is going on?)
WEll, some mercy.

You can tell by the look in his eyes- this is all in fun-

Until you run out of ammo & can't find any...
then you better run!

6 comments:

Jill said...

What a fun tradition for the men of the house.

Landon has a variety of Nerf guns and has battles with his friends sometimes, and then I end up finding the darts in the weirdest places for weeks to come.

Cecilia said...

How fun fun fun!

My son and husband love Nerf guns....I wonder why?!?!?!

wende said...

what a great tradition...maybe next year i'll have to start that up. this year though we got marshmallow shooters from rich's brother and his wife. too bad for my boys there is one for everyone in the whole family! i'm so excited! i'll have to remember that trick about the frozen mallows!

Kristy said...

We have a whole bag of marshmallow guns maybe I can bring them for the kid's activity on new years. JK!!!! We had a huge marshmallow fight outside and I still see marshmallows around the yard. fun times!

Karrie said...

Oh my HELL! Troy's Mom gave all the boys one of those things too. Of course it was at our house and they all started shooting each other.... I'm still finding stupid bullets every where!!! She even gave them extra bullets...I'm just throwing them away now. GRRRRRRRR!

michelle said...

That is hilarious (especially since it's not at my house!) -- I really like the photo of Brent getting in on the action.