Saturday, January 10, 2009

chloe & G.I. Jill

Linda asked me to work a wedding luncheon yesterday. I already had another commitment & was so disappointed when I heard it was a wedding luncheon for the former Miss Utah, Jill Stevens. Last fall Chloe & I heard her speak at a Young Women's Conference. Chloe immediately idolized her. She is an amazing lady & speaker. She had a new book coming out soon after - I bought it last November & wrapped it up for Chloe for Christmas. She has been reading it & everyone in the house feels like they are reading it too (she talks about her all the time) When I told Linda what a big fan Chloe is- she said we could call during the luncheon, if the timing was right... maybe Chloe could come up & meet her.

We called, it was all good, Brett drove her up & what a sweetie!!
She was so nice to take a minute after the lunch, take a couple of pictures, plus sign Chloe's book.
She even signed the book- thanks for making my special day even better-
wow, really nice.
What a great experience for Chloe.
Miss Jill- You are better than any Miss America in my book!

10 comments:

Cecilia said...

How lovely that she signed her book! I bet Chloe will never forget that day!

Kristy said...

Way cool!!!! Both of them look so pretty in the pictures!

Kim Sue said...

yeah for Chloe for having someone to look up to (that deserves having that honor)!

jakenapril said...

yes...what a great idol. funny thing about ms. jill stevens...we were behind her in line at costco on friday night. she is so gorgeous...and what a nice (genuinely) person as well. what a great experience for chloe...and some great pics to document the special meet and greet! wahoo for great role models for girls!

michelle said...

How sweet! So great that Chloe got to meet someone she looks up to so much.

She Loves To Make said...

That is so cool! I bet Chloe loved that. I really want to read her book. She is a beautiful bride!

wende said...

so great! i'm dying over that darling dress she is wearing! what a sweetie to take time out of her big day to talk to chloe. i'm so glad she got to meet her.

Jill said...

That's so sweet! What a cool experience for Chloe.

Karrie said...

How neat for Chloe...Did Brett get anything? JK

Karolynn said...

Jill is an amazing roll model! I am so glad that I was able to hear her speak. I bet Chloe was super happy! I totally enjoyed your talk today, you did a great job!