Monday, January 19, 2009

day off

I am so happy to say that I was feeling much better this morning.
We had big plans & it all worked out. First we went to see Kevin James in Mall Cop-
I loved it. Some of the rest of the family thought it was cheesy.
But I really loved it- not just because I feel a moral obligation to go see family/PG movies in the first weekend they are out - to support the making of family movies.
(Am I crazy? I really feel this way)
We are really big Kevin James fans here & have seen every King of Queens...
over & over
and we still love the show!

Afterwards- we did a little shopping & spent some Christmas gift card money.

I'm not the "cool let's go shopping" kind of mom.
I hate most malls.
But this was really fun.
Then, we took the kids to Jimmy John's.
After my post on lunch there & how much I love it-
the kids were feeling ripped off for never having been there-
can't say I blame them!

Now we all love it!


* Did you have a day off on Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
*have you seen Mall Cop?
*will you?
*do you like to go shopping at the mall...?

7 comments:

Janae said...

I love the mall.
I would like to see mall cop...and I want one of those sandwiches right now! what a fun day out you guys had:)

Kristy said...

Emily went to see Mall Cop and did not like it. I am kind of the fun shopping Mom sometimes but I have to be in the right mood!

Looks like a fun day! We did not do anything since I am married to Mr. Workaholic!

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm totally the fun shopping kind of mom! Too bad my kids are too young to appreciate it yet :)

On the other hand, I never have any idea what's playing in the movie theaters anymore. I just don't have time to pay attention, and we don't go see movies anymore on dates (we never get adult conversation at home, so why go someplace where we will spend our time still not talking?). Hopefully that will change by the time the kids are teenagers, or I'm going to be one dull mom indeed!

Looks like you guys had an awesome day - hooray for days off!

Karrie said...

I loved Mall Cop! What's up with Emily...that girl must not know funny man or your older kids either.

Looks like a fun day!

Robyn Jones said...

Your daughter looks a lot like you!! To answer your questions..No. I didn't have Martin Luther King Jr. Day...as I am Canadian....
No, I haven't seen Mall Cop, but my husband and I really want to...
And I used to HATE shopping at the mall...mostly because my three older girls were soooooo finicky, and hated everything I liked.....However, now that I have a little girl again and would be shopping with one instead of three...we will give it a shot... :)

Karolynn said...

I am glad you are feeling much better. I had that same dang thing and I am on day 8 and still stuffy. I am so totally jealous of your Martin Luther King Jr. Day. You guys look like you had a blast. I don't like the mall either, in fact I hate to shop period. Whitney and I spent the night in the hospital she got really sick and had to have her appendix and gallbladder out. She came home yesterday and is doing well. Now I need one of those sandwiches!

Jill said...

I think that movie looks so funny, the previews have totally been cracking me up.

I hate going to the mall!