Sunday, January 11, 2009

kristys mom's birthday party

Quite a while back, probably on a Thursday... the blogger mom's were together & Kristy mentioned she wanted to throw a big surprise party for her mom's birthday.
We (maybe it was me... I am bossy, I don't know, we can all be bossy at times?) jumped all over it & twisted her arm into letting us help- plus told her what to serve, how to decorate etc. etc.
Apparently we love planning parties?

Yesterday was the big day & it turned out perfect-
if I do say so myself!
Her mom was so surprised- loads of old friends & family came- the decorations were delightful - and the food!!!!
Just wait until you see what we made-


Kristy & family decorated all the tables with bright colors then put the cakes & cupcakes on the tables for decorative value & so that people could help themselves.

It was so cute & everything looked so yummy.



There's nothing like a bunch of friends to help you get through a big project.
I am so grateful to these guys not for just being my friends - but including me in their lives.
It was a beautiful party, fun day-
at one point one of her friends came up & introduced herself. She said she was our #1 lurker & reads our blogs daily. This just cracked me up. What a sweet heart- (I can't imagine why anyone would want to read this but family) she said she felt like she knew each of us personally. I feel the same way with blogs I read regularly & I was so touched.
I wish I would've taken a picture with us!
I did forgot to take one very important picture-
the one that would've been the best picture of the day!

One of Kristy & the birthday girl!!
darn it
I hope somebody got that one

8 comments:

Jill said...

I love the way you all help each other so much, it must make everything feel so much easier! This looks like a wonderful party.

Karrie said...

What a great day...I hope all the Tanner/Fuji clan has recovered!

She Loves To Make said...

I've been waiting to see pictures of the cakes you made! They look awesome! I love the one with red polka dots--that is such a great idea! That would've been a ton of work for Kristy to do on her own. That was nice of you guys to help her out!

Kristy said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I owe you guys HUGE! Everyone commented on the yummy cakes and cupcakes and most of the cakes were gone by the end!

Sorry no picture of my mom and I....I guess we got too busy or something.

Anonymous said...

Kristy's mom,(Vickie)
Thanks so much for a great fun day. I never would have guessed in a million years about the surprise. It was so great and the cakes were wonderful and so original in design .
Thanks again

wende said...

this was so fun! it was so fun to see her face and how surprised she was!

everything turned out so cute kristy, you did a great job. i'm totally doing cake centerpieces from now on!

patsy i cannot believe we did not get a photo with our lurker! i had so much fun telling rich about our lurker - i'm calling her a fan - and lamented about how i couldn't believe we didn't get a photo with her!? we should be ashamed of ourselves. plus, you're right, we definitely should've gotten one with kristy and her mom! duh!

great post, great photos!

crystal said...

Every woman needs friends like this. Sniff :) You girls remind me of the ladies on "Steel Magnolias."

Holly said...

How great are y'all??!! Everything looks bright & beautiful and all those cakes and cupcakes look YUMMY. I bet it was a lot of fun working together too.