Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Janae!

It had such a fun time earlier this week preparing for Janae's birthday.
I made her an apron (all the blogger moms went in on it) & wrapped all of her presents all matchy. It was really fun for me. I am realizing with these friends that I really do love giving gifts. I thought previously that it was not my "love language" but I am learning more & more about myself. Thanks to my great friends & family for helping me to learn so much about myself & the joy of friendship.
Why I am glad Janae is my friend & fellow blogger mom:
1. I thought I was the truest SEe's lover... but I have met my match!We both love See's - going into a See's store with her is so much fun! We have this See's common bond between us. Who else in the world can discuss the difference between a scotch mallow & a buttercream & really know what they are talking about?

2. Janae is a FANTASTIC cook!!! She has a way with salads that could knock your socks off & she can BAKE too. She even made these once & they looked exactly like the original!? that's seriously impressive~

3. Janae has this very sweet bond with her mom & sisters. I hope my girls love me like she loves her mom.

4. As the mother of FIVE darling girls Janae is a great mom. Five girls- wow I can't even grasp that in my brain. They are so cute & you should've seen them at Christmas. They were so darling in their Christmas dresses. It was like looking through a catalog at a darling Christmas family!

5. Janae is feminine. She is abounding with femininity & I love that about her. Sometimes I am a little rough around the edges... I wish I was more feminine. I love that quality in women. Women who really embrace femininity- not weakness- are really amazing to me.

she even sits feminine- see here I am sprawled all over the place & she is so cute!

7. Janae lets us blogger moms congregate at her house for our Creative Thursdays- she acts like it is no big deal... but I know it is. Besides the fact that her neighbors wonder- why does she has a bunch of cars over every Thursday in her driveway? she makes us feel so at home.

8. Janae is not a Utah girl- just like me- we didn't grow up here. Only another non-local understands what it's like not to be local- does that make sense?

9. Janae is extra good at showing GRAtitude! She is so over the top at saying thank you- she mentioned the other day that her mother in law told her not to bring her anymore treats/gifts after bbsitting for her. I thought- that's just like Janae to thank her like that! She is very thoughtful.

10. Janae is a good friend. She didn't expect & doesn't expect anyone to go out of the way for her, yet she would do it for you in a heart beat!


Happy Birthday Janae!!

4 comments:

Janae said...

Patsy~ you guys are all amazing! I can't believe all the nice things you guys could say about me...i don't deserve it...really! You are the best!

Kristy said...

Ditto for me!!! Love ya Janae

michelle said...

Great tribute! I'm totally with you on the non-local thing...

Anonymous said...

I don't know either of you...in fact, I found your blog on my google analyctics! But what a fun list of comments to read...it sounds like you two have such a wonderful friendship!