Saturday, January 31, 2009

creating.... cupcake aprons

So this week- I have a couple of friends with birthdays.... I wanted to create something special- so I have been making cupcake aprons.
It's been really fun to get back to sewing & working with fabric. The problem is I really can't multi task when sewing. I get completely obsessed with finishing & perfection & everything around me falls down. I cannot clean or cook or think- it's a complete commitment.
Maybe that's why I like to sew.
Maybe that's why I don't do it very often

The only think I know for sure is. Jack is one great apron model- he's got it all! He's tall & skinny & boney & everything. I think this could be a career. If only he would not have taken the camera from me (while I was laughing so hard I almost started to cry) and deleted my other pictures... coward!
He says I owe him a blizzard - what do you think?

16 comments:

Jill said...

Cute apron!! I think you need to find more time to sew if you love it so much. It's a great creative outlet and form of therapy right?

Karrie said...

If BYU doesn't work out for Jack I think there is a career in apron modeling for sure!...just look at that great figure and long legs!!!!Woo HOO...sorry if I creeped you out Jack....but I'm just say'n

Kristy said...

Jack what a great apron model! I do think you deserve a blizzard at the very least. I wish we could have seen the deleted pictures!

The apron was so dang cute!!!

Kristy said...

Jack what a great apron model! I do think you deserve a blizzard at the very least. I wish we could have seen the deleted pictures!

The apron was so dang cute!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That apron is adorable.

shannon said...

Oh! how I yearn to be like Jack...tall, skinny and boney! :)

I really hate to sew--but I like to be friends those that do--heh heh heh

The apron is adorable! I know what you mean about completely obsessing over something until it's finished...My poor family/house/pets etc. suffer when I get going on a project!

She Loves To Make said...

I wish I had more of Jack and Brian in me (the skinny part). That apron is ADORABLE! I want one :)

Amie said...

Tall, skinny, and bony?! Obviously not an apron for me.

So cute. You are talented. I feel like sewing brings out all of my inner frustrations.

Great gifts.

Brent and Ashley said...

I think you owe him a whole combo meal. What a good sport.
Such a cute apron!

Linda said...

I love the apron....and Jack, who knew?? Maybe he'll get one for HIS birthday.

Holly said...

LOVE the apron--especially the pink ric rac border. Very, very cute!

Jack is a stand up guy to be your model--and to have his picture posted.

Beth said...

You are so talented, the aprons are super cute!

Definitly worth the blizzard. Too funny, I really wish we could have seen the deleted pictures!

Love ya Jack!!!

wende said...

oh man, sewing kills me - i'm just not coordinated enough to do it. allie has skills though - maybe i'll take her to GV to find some of that cute cupcake fabric - i just can't believe how adorable janae's apron turned out. and no wonder with such a darling model to try it on. and yes, i think a blizzard has been earned. :)

Janae said...

Wow! Who new, Jack? Way to go;) a definite blizzard earned!
K~ the cutest apron I have EVER seen! Patsy~ you are amazing!

Kim Sue said...

there is just something so much fun about cupcaks :o)

michelle said...

Adorable apron! I say bring your sewing machine to Therapeutic Thursday and do it more often...