Sunday, January 4, 2009

new year, new job

As many of you know I teach music to children in primary (Sunday school) on Sundays. Well, today I was given a different assignment.Cub Scout Bear Den Mother!
Before you start crying for me....
the positives:
1. Trent is in my den.
2. I've been the Bear den leader before, so I'm not totally in the dark about what to do.
3. I have "the shirt" already.
4. Now I can show off my stylin' cub shirt & a couple of adult awards from doing my scout duty when my older two boys were in cubs.
5. It's a great group of boys.
6. Maybe this will get me motivated to sew on Trent's patches... finally!
7. I don't know why but I am actually really excited~ I think it'll be fun.
I've been around, with two other scouting sons, enough to know what's really fun & we are going to have fun- oh yes!
8. the boys today were all excited in Primary today when they heard I was going to be their leader- now if that's not a compliment- I don't know what is!?

9 comments:

Kristy said...

Kelly says woohoo!!! Great calling for you. I still don't have "the shirt"....somehow I have avoided that calling. You will do a great job.

Karrie said...

So the big question is do you still have to do music on Sunday's? If you were in our ward you probably would have to do both. You'll be great and you have such a great attitude!

Unknown said...

i love my shirt ;)

Kim Sue said...

with an attitude like that there is no way it is going to be anything other that terrific!

wende said...

you're so great patsy. are you still doing music too?

you are brave to wear "the shirt" - i was the webelos leader for a long time but never wore the shirt. i'm a party pooper, what can i say.

and for heaven's sake...don't sew on those patches! remind me and i'll bring you some "badge magic". the best thing a mom ever invented!

Beth said...

What a fun calling... so cool they know you perfectly to be excited to get you! I would be super excited for you to be my sons cub scout bear den mother... fun times ahead.

P.S. Better stock up on some Advil though!

Jill said...

I think you'll be a great den mother. You're so fun and have great perspective so this seems like a great fit.

Cecilia said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll do great!

michelle said...

Oh, man! I never had a positive attitude about it, so I'm sure you will be great, Patsy. I love that they were excited to get you.