Sunday, February 1, 2009

young women who know

Weeks ago I was asked to be a "guest speaker" or guest lesson giver- today in Young Women's.
Young Women's is where young women (12-18) meet on Sunday, after Sunday school to learn about the gospel.
My subject was one of my favorite things:
Homemaking.
Some of the topics we covered were:
- HOmemaking & housekeeping are different, HOw?
- Every person is a HOmemaker, whether they know it or not!
- Our attitude is key to how we do in this position.
- Why is it a good feeling to be in a clean home?
- How does Homemaking add to the spiritual atmosphere of a home?
Quote: "When mothers know who they are and who God is and have made covenants with Him, they will have great power and influence for good on their children"
( Julie B. Beck October General Conference Saturday afternoon session talk- Mother's Who Know.)
The main idea today was:
Young Women who "know" want to be Homemakers!
YW who know realize that being an excellent homemaker is a choice & something to be proud of. We can be & do anything we want-HOORAY- but no success is more important than success in the home.
Imagine my delight when I woke up from my Sunday nap to these!!
Chloe had made strawberry cupcakes with lemonade icing-
OH MY GOODNESS-
delightful. yummy. surprise
-Today I feel like I am doing something right-
although it is a great feeling (I've had it before) it's usually fleeting and
typically is followed by intense moments of humiliation.
(I'm joking here people)
For now-
I'M LOVIN' IT
*how was your Sunday?

13 comments:

Jill said...

This seems like a great contrast to your recent Sundays. I'm glad your lesson went so well, it sounds like a good one.

Sunday naps are favorite things!

I've never woken up to cupcakes before, but that sounds good.

Gail said...

Recipes please.

shannon said...

It DOES sound like a great lesson--I really enjoyed her talk when I first heard it...I've referred to it many times since...

Those cupcakes are so darn cute!
What nice friends you have! :)

Kristy said...

I am glad your lesson went well! And those cupcakes..yummy!!!

wende said...

does chloe want to come hang out at MY house next sunday? i tried to take nap but all i could hear were crazy laughing girls down stairs! :)

i'm glad your lesson went well. i LOVE being a homemaker!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Sounds like a great lesson, I would have loved being there for it:) Those cupcakes look delicious... and they are so cutely decorated.

Karrie said...

Wow love the cupcakes! I'm glad your lesson went well...but I don't like the word Homemaker...I prefer...Domestic Godess

Karolynn said...

Whitney told me all about the lesson today. She sat on my bedroom floor until 12am talking about things. She told me how one thing from your lesson totally changed how she felt about herself. It was an amazing breakthrough for her. Thank you for teaching my daughter this beautiful lesson. I will share with you in privet the details someday, but just know you have touched someone and from one mother to another thank you!

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so glad your lesson went well. You're a great homemaker. Do you want to fly Chloe to come see me? I wouldn't mind having someone making me gorgeous cupcakes!

Janae said...

I am sure this lesson was amazing... I Wish I could of snuck into the back of the room and heard it...I should of;)
You are an amazing homemaker and a wonderful example:)
Yeah Chloe for being such a good daughter AND a great cupcake maker:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments! I love making cupcakes. I have the best mom! That was an amazing lesson, I loved it.

-Chloe

Anonymous said...

Wende is a great cook! I got the lemon butter-cream frosting recipe from her.


-chloe

michelle said...

Sister Beck gives the best talks and provides the best quotes!