Tuesday, September 30, 2008

spt- inspired

(me leaving megan's wedding ceremony & on my way to the reception last May)
Blogging has inspired me in so many ways- this weeks SPT is hard for me because I just don't feel like I can put into word how much I love it & how important it has become to me.

But being the big mouth that I am--- I'm sure I'll find a way.

1.- I'm inspired by these spt's- thanks lelly for reminding me to document myself through photos. It was really hard at first to put pictures of myself out there... I don't know why us women are so hard on ourselves- but we are- I am too- & yes I hate photos of myself. But hey- I'm here, I've got the proof now even if it's not my "best self."
(Christmas morning 07)
(July 4th)
2. I feel closer to my family. My extended family read my blog. Some have blogs too. I feel like they are part of our lives now. Even though we are far away & only see each other a couple of times a year- if that- we are involved in each other's day to day lives because of blogging. That's huge for our family & very precious to me.
3. I feel inspired by so many of you personally. No matter what the media says, no matter how bad it seems- this world is full of fantastic women. Women who may be different in many ways, but more importantly are the same where it counts. We are all trying to be the best we can- raise good families, create beauty around us, serve others, put dinner on the table, live within a real budget... it goes on & on. I am amazed at all of you. I am continually buoyed up by your comments & support. I am thrilled to be a part of the blogging world.


16 comments:

Unknown said...

this world is full of fantastic women (YOU, for instance!) and the blogosphere has made it so much easier to serve each other.

Amie said...

Excellent... I agree, it is a little hard to put myself out there especially in picture form but I am so thankful I have documented so much of life and more me than I normally would have done. There are many times when sweet blogger comments feel like my only interactions during the day. I have definitely been buoyed up.

Becky said...

I am so glad that you blog Patsy! I always smile when I'm reading your posts :)

Janiece said...

Just popping in from SPT...glad I did!
You sound like a wonderful person!

Janae said...

This is a great SPT! I agree the blogosphere is amazing with a ton of very fantastic women out there! I am grateful for the record of my life that blogging has helped me make:)

wende said...

great spt patsy, i loved this one because it made me think so much about something i LOVE to do! it really has been a blessing for me too. and you're right - this world IS full of wonderful women, and you are definitely one of them!
love you patsy girl!

Cecilia said...

Amen. So well written!!!
I love blogging and it has made me a better person because of special ladies like you!

Missy said...

love it. i completely concur!

Holly said...

I share your feelings about the rewards of blogging. One of them has been *meeting* you! :)

Jeanette said...

I love this post. You said everything I feel.

Kristy said...

Great SPT.....maybe I should start doing them.

Jill said...

I'm totally with you on the SPT aspect of of blogging. I love that I am "present" in the family photos and on my own blog.

Beth said...

I want to thank you again!!! for teaching me through your great example about the blogging world!

I hope to get back to SPT's very soon. This is such a good post!

MaryRC said...

You said it all so well and true! Every bit.

Lene said...

Awesome SPT

Karrie said...

I almost missed commenting on this post... I love that you blog or I would have never know about it or started one for me.

this has been the best thing for me...I love the friends I've made and knowing a little more about some of the people I see a lot but don't know that well...it's been great. Thanks Patsy!