Friday, September 12, 2008

humble pie

WEll- as you can see...my walking the dog, worm saving days are over for a while.

Yesterday I was walking Max- long story short- I broke my ankle. Yep it's broken. I'm lucky is what they say. It's a clean break, I don't need surgery- that is lucky!

Anyhow brett was in Houston on business trying to get out of the storm. While I was lying in the street in A LOT of pain. A city worker named DAVE, at least that's what the name on his shirt said, came across the street and helped me - YAE DAVE. I called blogger mom kristy who lived a block away & she came, took max home (she had to drag him in the house because he wouldn't leave me) then took me to instacare for x-rays etc. I was in shock & shaking & kind of a mess (remember I am just a little dramatic at times.) So it's been quite a day...
Well the blogger moms were supposed to go out to lunch for Wende's birthday- I am so stinkin mad that we missed Cheesecake Factory- they all came here with take out & we decorated the best we could. We had a great time while I lay half drugged on the couch loving every minute of it. Brett came home & called me-- spoiled. Yes, I am spoiled.
*thank you dave the city worker guy
*thanks jack for coming home from school, getting my RX, running around the house finding decorations so karrie didn't have to see the inside of my dirty closets
*thanks kristy for saving me off the pavement & not taking my picture even though I told you too (we are going to reenact it someday complete with one of the blogger mom's dressed as DAve)
*thanks karrie for picking up crutches & driving me home & getting me in the house & decorating & making me laugh
*thanks wende, lauri & janae for coming over & staying with me so jack could go back to school,
*everyone for bringing us dinner & spoiling me- I told brett that he could go to work today & you guys could come back ;)
*thanks lori for bringing me diet coke & donuts for breakfast.
*thanks karen for offering over & over to bring dinner tonight
*thanks becky for coming over & rick & linda for helping brett give me a blessing.
I am truly eating...
HUMBLE PIE
I feel like the luckiest, gimpy, uncoordinated gal on the block!
I have so much more to say but the drugs are kickin' in I am starting to drool & I've got to go lay down.... :)

12 comments:

Johnna said...

I was so sure you were going to say something about rugby and jack. I am in shock. I can't believe it. I am glad you have so many good friends to take care of you. I wish I was there to help.

Kristy said...

I am glad you are blogging!!!! Get better so we can go to the Cheesecake Factory!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. You ARE blessed to have so many friends and family helping you and looking after you. You are a great sport to let everyone come over for Wende's party after all you had been through. Fun times! Heal quickly

~Joey (Janae's Sister-in-law)

Janae said...

Patsy~ feel better soon! We are all hoping for a very speedy recovery...and Cheesecake Factory soon:)
Thanks for letting us all come over and hang out even though you were half-drugged...it was a wonderful party for Wende...The decorations were fabulous:)

Unknown said...

speechless! i can't believe this - thank goodness for DAVE and your wonderful circle of blogger friends.

rest up, and get better soon!!!

Karrie said...

I don't know anyone who has as many party favors on hand for last minute decoration as you....you are amazing.

I hope you're feeling better and taking advantage any time you can...especially with the kids!

What did Trent say about the whole thing?

wende said...

i didn't even care one bit about cheesecake factory, it was still the best birthday i've ever had! i can't believe they found all those decorations in your house - you're the coolest mom for having all that stuff on hand!

hey, i'm totally there on the re-enactment thing, but next birthday i get to be the one to take the lortab! :) love ya!

michelle said...

Oh, no! I can't believe you broke your ankle -- ouch. Hooray for Dave and good friends & family! And Diet Coke & donuts for breakfast, yum. Hope you're up and gimping about soon.

Jill said...

Oh Patsy, I'm so sorry! What a painful piece of pie! I'm so glad city worker Dave was there to help you and that the blogger moms rallied so beautifully around you!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I am so sorry to hear about your ankle... I hope it heals quickly.

Karolynn said...

I hope you get feeling well soon and heal really fast. Sorry this had to happen! You are so blessed to have such wonderful frineds. If it were me I only know one person that would help me. You are blessed! What can I do to help? Can I take your kids to school? Pick them up? Make dinner? I feel so bad!

Karolynn said...

I hope you get feeling well soon and heal really fast. Sorry this had to happen! You are so blessed to have such wonderful frineds. If it were me I only know one person that would help me. You are blessed! What can I do to help? Can I take your kids to school? Pick them up? Make dinner? I feel so bad!